Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/23/16 22:04

Aiko

Aiko saying hello - after a long time!

Hello! I am not sure if some of you remember me or not. I haven't logged in in over a year. I've gone through some personal issues the past year, mostly detrimental but survivable. I am hoping that 2016 is a major turning point in my life. So far, things look promising.

I just upgraded my iMac today to have 16 GB RAM and then upgraded to El Capitan and well, Oni is not firing up. I hope to search this forum to find what I can download and install to remedy this situation. I can live without my "Virtual Family" but not Konoko. Um.... no.

Hope I can participate more often and contribute something beneficial as well.

Aiko (Linda)

Aiko

#2 04/23/16 22:04

Aiko

Re: Aiko saying hello - after a long time!

Whoo hoo!! I had no idea I put a photo of me on this forum!  That is Paco that I am holding and sadly, he passed away a few years ago. He was so cute.

Aiko

#3 04/23/16 22:04

EdT
Website

Welcome back to the forum.

Here is the version of Oni that will work on El Capitan: http://mods.oni2.net/node/320

Also, I recommend installing Anniversary Edition: http://mods.oni2.net/node/75

#4 04/24/16 08:04

Iritscen

Hi Aiko, long time no see.  Glad that you are getting through your difficulties.  Just let us know if you have any trouble getting Oni working again after you install the game app that EdT linked to, or the Anniversary Edition mod platform (which will provide the same game app).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 06/03/16 11:06

tens

The moderators here sometimes leave me speechless. There's not enough praise for me to give them. And, Welcome back Aiko! I remember seeing your profile pic around when I was last here almost two years ago! smile

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#6 09/26/16 23:09

GlenP

AWESOME, I just recently retired my trusty ol' PPC G4 MDD running 10.4 and picked up a used 2010 iMac and also upgraded to 16GB RAM and a 1TB SSD and installed El Capitan.  I am still in the process of restoring music/photos from my backup drive from the G4, and perusing through all the old PPC apps lamenting that they will not run on Intel, and I just was thinking the same question about if there is an Intel version of Oni out there. I remember talk about it a while back, but also have not been that active here lately.  Really glad to hear that I can run Oni on this Intel iMac under El Capitan, AWESOME! but I said that already, didn't I?  Thanks for the links, EdT!  On the "new" iMac, I just started trying out Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm, fun to see all those Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo heroes in one big battle arena.

Board footer