Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 02/25/08 15:02

Iritscen

Re: Guess Who

The "busy doing nothing" episode comes long after the library and right before the quiz show.

Oh yeah, the library episode!  That was one of the last ones I saw.  Very cool.

"I just wondered how to reconcile your liking it with your disliking shonen anime." That's easy smile
Watched a few AMVs of Naruto and said "nah", watched a few AMVs of Avatar and said "hmm..."

D'oh!  Personally, I don't think I'd have ever gotten into anime in the first place, if all I had to go on were fan's AMVs.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 02/25/08 15:02

geyser
Website

"Personally, I don't think I'd have ever gotten into anime in the first place, if all I had to go on were fan's AMVs."

Well, I know this AMV has got me to watch Noir recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slt5Vyv0oEk
After watching it to the end, I must admit the anime was not really worth watching, but the AMV did its job.
AMVs by dedicated and creative fans of a series are damn good incentives to watch the whole thing, IMO.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#28 02/25/08 15:02

Iritscen

I do love a few AMVs.  You wouldn't probably have had a chance to see them, but Cartoon Network did some absolutely incredible AMVs years back for their Toonami block (probably US only).  Those were the first AMVs I ever saw, and I never even knew it was a thing that people did.  I made my own and everything and never even realized it was being done all the time by fans.  But many AMVs are just blaring emo rock while flashing images across the screen.  The classier ones, I like.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer