Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/01/15 13:07

T-N-Z

Resolution and Mouse issue

Hi, I have weird problem that never happened to me on my main PC.

Recently I got myself a new laptop, and I installed Oni on it. For some odd reason, 1920x1080p resulution is missing in the options menu. (Drivers issue??) I tried downloading Daodan Patch, then this resolution appears in the menu, but when I set it, it won't fit the screen, it gets way oversized, it felt like resolution names are all wrong or something or it is still in the windowed mode.
Second problem is that mouse is way too sensative, that dosen't happen in other games, so I can't control anything, the slightest touch spins me around 360 degrees and it's unplayable.

I have the latest drivers installed on both Intel HD4600 and NVIDIA 960M on Windows 8.1

Any ideas what is wrong or how to fix that?

#2 07/01/15 14:07

Iritscen

Re: Resolution and Mouse issue

Hi there.  This is a problem that crops up with Oni in Win8.  Open the Properties window for Oni.exe, then go to the Compatibility tab and enable "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", and this should fix the issue.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 07/01/15 20:07

HCthenemesis
Website

First the problem: the laptop screen probably is not Full HD in first instance.
Or if that is not the case then monitor drivers have probably crashed or not installed properly or junk-serviced by some junk engineer. Or the monitor does not support fast refresh rate. Try setting at 50 or 60 Hz to run Oni (only if screen is Full HD).

Cheers,
HC Tech Byte

I know I don't look like capable *hehe LOL* of telling you about development conditions Iritscen but overall a barebones no Auto Updates Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit installation is the best environment (saying despite you developing Zukai on Mac) since it covers all aspects: drivers, support, compatibility, no Win8 and 8.1 problems n similarity to legendary Windows XP.

Steering my life towards a new direction...

#4 07/02/15 16:07

s10k
Website

Also make sure you are running Oni with the NVIDIA 960M and NOT the Intel graphics board.

#5 07/02/15 18:07

HCthenemesis
Website

s10k I know your contribution here and do not want to underestimate your knowledge, but I am afraid that won't help as much because Oni is not graphics demanding even with highest setting unless you install HD texture pack from AE or manually.

Steering my life towards a new direction...

#6 07/04/15 05:07

T-N-Z

Iritscen wrote:

Hi there.  This is a problem that crops up with Oni in Win8.  Open the Properties window for Oni.exe, then go to the Compatibility tab and enable "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", and this should fix the issue.

Actually that's all I had to do, I was looking for more complicated solutions, but this fixed everything at once, thank you all for your help!

Last edited by T-N-Z (07/04/15 05:07)

#7 07/04/15 06:07

Iritscen

Glad to hear it's working, have fun!

#8 10/21/20 16:10

Erik

Hi, 5 years later, had the same problem, tried everyting, went to this forum, saw the solution ans it worked! Can't get it to display in proper 4k, but 1920x1080 works perfectly. Still so happy with this community!

Thanks!!

#9 10/21/20 17:10

Iritscen

Glad to hear it smile

Board footer