Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/09/20 06:04

jiggle85

Camera is so clunky

Hi there guys,

New to the Oni community. I bought the ps2 game only to discover, what a flawed but cool it is. Plus this whole PC/MOD stuff. Have a pc copy now and have tried mapping the controls for a controller. Even with mouse and keyboard, Ive noticed just how clunky the camera movement is. On Ps2 it is smooth. Any ideas, suggestions would be great. As I am currently doing a playthrough on PS2 as I find the PC versions controls not very enjoyable.
Thanks

Tom

#2 04/09/20 07:04

Iritscen

Re: Camera is so clunky

Welcome.  Personally I'm skeptical that you'll get a better experience with a controller on PC than with the keyboard+mouse, since Oni was developed for Win/Mac, and only ported to the PS2 by another studio.  That being said, several people on our Discord have talked about using controllers with Oni, with some success.  Perhaps more importantly, mouse control *should* be smooth, so maybe you have one of the problems that is addressed here: https://wiki.oni2.net/Mouse_control_issues

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 04/09/20 12:04

jiggle85

I am willing to try playing with a keyboard as the game was intended. Thanks for your reply man. Just think the game has something about it. Was shocked with the amount of love for the game. Hence now owning both versions. Has anyone modded the save states? That is one thing that really suck. HAHA

#4 04/09/20 12:04

jiggle85

Having taken some steps listed in the link you provided.... The camera movement is fine now. Even with my ps4 controller. Thanks man!

#5 04/09/20 17:04

s10k
Website

Welcome! Great to hear that you can play it well with the ps4 controller!

#6 04/10/20 17:04

Iritscen

Nice, glad things are working well now.  As for editing savegames, as far as I know this program for Windows still works: http://mods.oni2.net/node/66

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer