Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/09/19 09:06

s10k
Website

Detect if daodan BSL is available

While working in my custom level I thought it could be nice to have some extra feature for users that have the extra daodan bsl commands.

Is there anyway to detect if they are available? Something like a global variable?

Also imo it does not make much sense that there is this setting:

[modding]    daodanbsl    true    Adds new BSL commands (see below).

Since then the user may or not enable this bsl commands, causing even more trouble and undefinition for scripters to start using these commands. Also them not being present in mac is other big issue for adoption.

A new function like get "os" or "getos" which would return a string or a number telling which OS has the scripting engine running could also be handy, especially for commands like slowmo that seem to behave differently depending of the operating system.

#2 06/09/19 10:06

Iritscen

Re: Detect if daodan BSL is available

I could add these requests to the bug tracker, but the only problem is that a command like "os" or "dbslver" ("Get Daodan BSL version") won't exist before the version of the DLL that adds them.  Since there's no way to check if a command exists, you still won't be able to use this command to learn about your environment since your script will simply fail with earlier DLL versions.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer