Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/26/17 19:09

neonew

Forgot my credentials :)

Hi guys,

it's been a while..
I'm neonew and I used to try implementing a multiplayer for Oni around 10 years ago.

It wasn't really successful, but I'd like to put the sources and all information I have onto github.

I'm glad to see the website is still online (neonew.oni2.net), and I know there's a FTP server somewhere.
However, I lost my credentials and would really like to see if my text file with debugging information is still there.
I found this: neonew.oni2.net/OniHook.log which already makes me nostalgic, but that text file I am looking for contains some addresses in memory for oni.exe which I spent hours on to find them.

So if anyone can help me to get access (Iritscen? Alloc?) I would be very grateful. smile

neonew

Last edited by neonew (09/26/17 19:09)

#2 09/26/17 21:09

Iritscen

Re: Forgot my credentials :)

Hi there neonew, long time no talk.  Alloc will have to be the one to help you, since he's the owner of the domain.  I've mentioned the existence of this thread to him, so I guess he'll be around when he wakes up.  You might have to prove your identity somehow, though, before you get the subdomain back smile  I'm curious, did you see the work that was done on the multiplayer projects after yours, Gumby's Flatline and my own Zukai?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 09/27/17 03:09

s10k
Website

I remember you. smile

Nice to see you again!

#4 09/27/17 06:09

Alloc
Website

Yeah, as Iritscen said it would be great if you could prove your identity somehow. Maybe a rough list of what you think you had on there?
You can get in touch with me directly on our IRC channel, mail or XMPP (alloc@oni2.net).

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#5 09/27/17 16:09

neonew

Thanks for your quick replies.

I can receive emails at neonew@gmail.com (and I think neonew@web.de should also still work).
Mails to neonew@oni2.net are forwarded to neonew@web.de I think, because I received an email from Iritscen on 24.01.2009 on that address. Iritscen, can you confirm this?
I suggest you send an email with a random number to neonew@oni2.net and I check if I receive it and tell you the number?

I can't really remember what I had on that site. I'm not even sure the txt file I'm looking for is there.

I found this on my hard drive tho:

EzAh6wx.png

#6 09/27/17 16:09

neonew

Oh I found it: hxtp://neonew.oni2.net/reversing.txt

Would still be interesting to see the other files.

Oh and @Iritscen: I had a quick look at Flatline in the wiki. Awesome to see somebody managed to make a playable version! I didn't know about Zukai before. Is there some movie that shows it in action on YouTube? Unfortunately I don't own a Mac so I can't test it.

@s10k: Your name didn't tell me much, until I looked up your website which says your name was Script10k. I remember that name!

Last edited by neonew (09/27/17 16:09)

#7 09/27/17 17:09

Iritscen

Yes, I can confirm you got an email from me back then.  Flatline and Zukai are both somewhat playable, but I felt self-conscious about the state of Zukai so I banned anyone from posting footage of it until I refined it some more :-)  Unfortunately then I ran out of time to work on it.  It's possible I might get back to it soon, though.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer