Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 05/17/16 18:05

dosmer

Re: So I was screwing around with the jetpack cheat today...

In the QWERTZ article you've linked to, scroll down to "See also" and click QWERTY, then scroll down to Danish.

Anyway, THIS is the typical Danish keyboard layout.

(Not that it matters much, but my keyboard is this model, although the layout in this picture is incorrect)

Last edited by dosmer (05/17/16 19:05)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

#27 05/17/16 21:05

Iritscen

Ah, cool.  Do you guys have to write "1/2" a lot? tongue  Never seen that as the primary key on a keyboard before.  But that key is in the place of the "`/~" key on English QWERTY, so it explains why you have to push it to get the dev console.  The AltGr key is new to me too, very interesting.

Well, if you do try out the hotkeys in the Dev Mode article and some are different, I'll be glad to add a column to the Hotkeys table for the differences in Danish QWERTY like I did for German QWERTZ.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#28 05/18/16 09:05

dosmer

I miss my old Atari ST. A custom keyboard layout for each type of work was so easy to set up, save and later load.

No, we don't "have to" write ½ a lot, but in a recipe it's nice to be able to type ½ instead of 0,5 (0.5 in English).
(But I've often missed keys for ¼, ¾, °, ©, ‰, ♥, ♫, †, », « etc.)

There are a lot of terms in that Dev Mode article that I don't understand. The word "quads" is new to me. So I don't know what is supposed to happen with most of the key combinations.

But I'm glad I finally found a way to get rid of red furniture without restarting the programme! I always wondered how that happened. I guess I must have inadvertently pressed Ctrl+Shift+s. I thought it was a bug.

#29 05/18/16 10:05

Iritscen

dosmer wrote:

No, we don't "have to" write ½ a lot, but in a recipe it's nice to be able to type ½ instead of 0,5 (0.5 in English).

Yeah, I agree.

There are a lot of terms in that Dev Mode article that I don't understand. The word "quads" is new to me.

Quads are just polygons.

So I don't know what is supposed to happen with most of the key combinations.

Frankly, none of us understand some of them.  We have the names of the hotkeys, pulled from the application binary, but, as you can see from the checkmark columns, some of the keys don't do anything, or don't seem to.

But I'm glad I finally found a way to get rid of red furniture without restarting the programme! I always wondered how that happened. I guess I must have inadvertently pressed Ctrl+Shift+s. I thought it was a bug.

Ha, well some of the hotkeys are buggy (BWest either accidentally broke those features before shipping, or they were meant to be used in Tool mode, a separate build of the game).  But yes, red furniture is actually a "feature" since it tells you which objects only partially block sounds (supposedly; I don't think this has been confirmed).

#30 02/17/17 21:02

dosmer

Could one of the hotkeys be for preventing weapons from fading?
It has happened to me a couple of times, that suddenly the weapons didn't fade any more.

#31 02/18/17 07:02

Iritscen

As far as I know, only "wp_disable_fade=1" would do that, but there are strange side effects to some Dev Mode keys, so I won't say it's impossible.

Board footer