Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/29/16 17:08

quarkmac
Website

Help!

So listen up, friends. 

Those of you who have known me a long time know that I love Oni to death but that I rarely have time to devote to the game as I would really like to.  A lot of that has to do to the fact that I'm a father now and twins are a lot of work!  Apart from a Mac networking session over a year ago (which was awesome, by the way), I just don't have the time.

However, there are small pockets during the week when I literally play Oni for a few short minutes at a time when I'm cooking or cleaning; honestly, it's therapeutic!

Here's the problem:  About a week ago, my daughters got a hold of my computer keyboard, and from the looks of it, changed the name of the folder I keep Oni in and PROBABLY did something else because I can't launch the game anymore!!!  Ahh!

When I open the application, it keeps asking me to identify the retail installation, which it just won't let me select.  It has a "NO" symbol through it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, everyone.

quarkmac

We Don't Give The Crescent Moon Kick Nearly As Much Credit As It Deserves!

#2 08/29/16 18:08

Iritscen

Re: Help!

Hey, good to see you, thanks for the help with testing back then :-)  I'm having trouble picturing what you mean by the "no" symbol, can you post a screenshot?  Is your GameDataFolder still called "GameDataFolder"?  See Oni (folder) for a full listing of what everything should be named.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 08/30/16 17:08

quarkmac
Website

You know, I don't remember how to attach pictures at the current moment, but the "NO" symbol is a circle with a diagonal line through it.  I think it has something to do with opening old Applications like PowerPC or Rosetta or something?  Everything else in the folder appears to be named the correct things.

The Original Oni application I'd like to select is not available for selection...

#4 08/30/16 20:08

Iritscen

Oh, so the application can't be opened?  I thought it was opening and asking you to select the current retail installation (which means the GDF or the Oni folder containing it).  Are you on a modern Intel Mac?  Perhaps you don't have the Intel build of the game application; it's here: http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:FERAL.

#5 08/31/16 22:08

quarkmac
Website

Ah HA!  "...or the Oni folder containing it."  Bingo!

You just saved my bacon, Iritscen!

Thanks a TON

#6 09/01/16 08:09

Iritscen

Sure, glad it's working for you again.  It's been a while since I had to choose the installation, and I was vaguely remembering that Oni.app maybe wants the Oni folder, not the GDF itself.

Board footer