Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/22/15 06:03

redflash

Developer mode: some keys not working + camera floats freely

Hi guys, I'm playing AE 2.18, and I got a weird problem after activating Developer Mode during the game. In fact, some keys just stop working, for example up and down arrow (I'm using arrow keys instead of WASD). Keypad keys also looks frozen. Why it is so?
And in some levels as TCTF headquaters 1-1 or airport cargo warehouse 1-1 camera just floats by itself left or right, until it's completely out of the playing zone.

Last edited by redflash (03/22/15 13:03)

#2 03/22/15 06:03

TOCS

Re: Developer mode: some keys not working + camera floats freely

Chances are you're hitting buttons that are connected to the developer camera. Since you seem to be running a custom control scheme I suggest you to look here to know what's going on exactly: http://wiki.oni2.net/Developer_Mode

#3 03/22/15 07:03

redflash

yes, you were right. Up/down is bound to "pan camera". But ever since I have reassigned all developer mode buttons via Oni Keys Editor, the problem still exist sad

Last edited by redflash (03/22/15 15:03)

#4 03/22/15 10:03

Iritscen

Hi redflash.  You can read about the camera drift bug here: http://bugs.oni2.net/ticket/30.  Does this help at all?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 03/22/15 13:03

redflash

Nope. I never pressed any key, camera just floats by itself. But this can be solved just by re-loading level. After re-loading camera stands still, but freaking up/down arrows are frozen the same. I cannot play Obsolete because of that smile And I dont't want to change my controls back to WASD... really there is no solution?

#6 03/22/15 13:03

Iritscen

Well, let me ask, what are you using Developer Mode for?  And how are you closing the Pause screen after entering "thedayismine"?

#7 03/22/15 14:03

redflash

Like that: F1 - x - F1

Developer mode is needed because of a console, and console is needed for giving commands like spawn enemies on Zen Garden Obsolete level...

#8 03/22/15 15:03

Iritscen

Hm, I see.  Zen Garden should probably have been written with a move-based menu like some of the other scripts so it didn't need to rely on the dev console, but it seems that not everyone experiences this problem, so there hasn't been very much attention given to it.  I don't think it will get fixed unless someone in Windows works on fixing it through the Daodan DLL.

For now all I can say is that certain developer keys are hardcoded, such as ']', which causes the camera drift bug when pressed.  If you begin experiencing camera drift for any reason, try hitting ']' and see if it stops.  The hardcoded dev keys also mean that you simply cannot bind certain keys to actions without also triggering the developer function that is assigned to that key.  See the table here for which keys to avoid: http://wiki.oni2.net/Dev_Mode#Features

#9 03/22/15 15:03

redflash

Oh well. Up/down arrows are bound to camera pan. That means I can't use them sad Too bad. If there would be an option, temporarily swapping WASD and arrow keys.

#10 03/24/15 17:03

Samer
Website

Hm, I see.  Zen Garden should probably have been written with a move-based menu like some of the other scripts so it didn't need to rely on the dev console ... it.

not really tongue it's much easier and versatile like that smile it takes less than a minute to type hardninja to spawn him instead of going through a menu through all enemies to finally reach it.  and you don't have to worry about accidentally activating something while playing.
why not just play with normal keys like everyone else ?  use WASD and that's it tongue

Last edited by Samer (03/24/15 17:03)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#11 03/24/15 19:03

Iritscen

Yesterday, Alloc updated the Daodan DLL to support bindable cheats.  So, if it helps, you no longer need to enter the Pause screen to type a cheat code.  Simply add something like "bind x to thedayismine" to key_config.txt and press 'x' while in-game.  I'm still not clear if entering the Pause screen is what causes the camera to drift for you, though.

Board footer