Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/15/14 17:08

The Hero of Time

Oni in windows 7

Hello guys, i have played oni A LOT in my childhood, amazing game! a few years back i started playing it again and now here i am a few years further and i just installed it, and when i move the camera around, it seems to lag a bit. i have searched a lot on these forums through google, replacing oni.exe, binkw32.dll... i also saw a post that Oni1.1b5.dmg that helped it, but i have no idea what to do with that, researched and it seemed to be an apple .iso file? well whatever, i was very, very happy and i went an installed about 60 mods at once and i was very satisfied, but the mouse still lagged.. so thats just impossible to play with, i also tried using the dev console and doing something with frame_1 , i dont remember but like i said i saw that on these forums, i looked and looked and i couldn't figure out what to do !

Could anyone please help?

it's not my computer specs, its a 2-year old ish pc, 8GB ram amd fx 8120 8-core processor amd 7000x series video card(dont really know the name xD)so i know that it is not my specs problem. i updated to the latest amd video driver, and still lag.

also
8c9aa70037.png

sad

Last edited by The Hero of Time (08/15/14 18:08)

8wli6.jpg

#2 08/15/14 18:08

Iritscen

Re: Oni in windows 7

Welcome, THoT.  I have to say, it's strongly discouraged to install 60 mods at once.  You should pick maybe 30, tops, trying them out to see what they do, before you pile so many on at once.

Unfortunately we get a lot of reports of "lag", but that word is very slippery and people mean different things by it.  I suspect you may have overloaded Oni with mods.  Try un-checking all mods and hitting Install again and see how it is.  Even if you were running Oni on a Cray supercomputer, it would probably be slowed down by 60 mods.  The limitation is in the game, not the hardware.  If it doesn't help to uninstall mods, then at least we have narrowed down the potential problems and made Oni more stable.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 08/15/14 18:08

The Hero of Time

Iritscen wrote:

Welcome, THoT.  I have to say, it's strongly discouraged to install 60 mods at once.  You should pick maybe 30, tops, trying them out to see what they do, before you pile so many on at once.

Unfortunately we get a lot of reports of "lag", but that word is very slippery and people mean different things by it.  I suspect you may have overloaded Oni with mods.  Try un-checking all mods and hitting Install again and see how it is.  Even if you were running Oni on a Cray supercomputer, it would probably be slowed down by 60 mods.  The limitation is in the game, not the hardware.  If it doesn't help to uninstall mods, then at least we have narrowed down the potential problems and made Oni more stable.

i have already tried that sad no mods at all on clean install of oni but still laggy

it's like it doesn't record some of the mouse movements, if i move my mouse in a straight line, then it stutters at some random points so it is not a smooth camera movement

Last edited by The Hero of Time (08/15/14 19:08)

8wli6.jpg

#4 08/16/14 04:08

Gumby

Just a hunch - get fraps and tell me what FPS Oni is running at, please.

60 mods isn't great (things are going to override eachother), but really shouldn't slow things down too much.

(Also, please tone down the signature!)

Last edited by Gumby (08/16/14 04:08)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 08/16/14 06:08

The Hero of Time

Gumby wrote:

Just a hunch - get fraps and tell me what FPS Oni is running at, please.

60 mods isn't great (things are going to override eachother), but really shouldn't slow things down too much.

(Also, please tone down the signature!)

installed fraps and somehow it runs completely smooth now, 60 fps and once it becamse 63 fps but then 60 fps again, ill install some mods now and let you know if it is still smooth

40 mods, and still perfectly smooth, and i didn't change anything... wtf? neutral  well whatever, it works now big_smile

Last edited by The Hero of Time (08/16/14 06:08)

8wli6.jpg

Board footer