Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/17/13 16:11

Jafreiteris

Idea of a script

Hey, why there is no gun blazing mods? The only one i have found close is the bonus stage from boss fight mode, where you go in a team and get wiped out by guard dogs. Other mods are like zen garden mods where you can enable guns, but its not so fun. How about a level only using bullet fired (maybe grenade launcher too?) weapons?

To understand what i am trying so say install new weapons collection, pop up oni  and play first TCTF level. Level is good because its already 50% gun blazing + you can get plenty of ammo just to trough  all level without more fatloot cheat   When it loads go to dev mode and get sniper played model and uzi + fatloot cheat. Why uzi? because other ones (well not all) sprays bullets like air freshener .Now try to play the whole level only using your rifle. To make it more fun (tips 'rules' and etc) :

- You can only use your rifle, (no weapon concealment that means not dash)  you are allowed to fight when the enemy is close yo you but only with secondary fire (kick, low kick, or stab with a rifle (release shift as you press kick). You can only use your full  fighting potential when you get knocked down. (and its kick ass, sniper is just a rip off of tanker, but i think its even more damage doing (? really its feels like few hits and everybody goes down , its almost embarrassing how he is op compared to simple tctf agent )

-Use stealth, its looks cool :) (you can sneak to a enemy, do a low kick and fill him up with lead)

-Use cover , you can slide to it, you can do a little jump to side, roll out or you can make a big jump sideways (go to left or right and press kick) for example at the start run to tctf car, you can use it as cover if you duck near the engine, the strike wont fire until you stand up.

- Shields are for pussies

- Your allies can pick up weapons sometimes, so you can go as a team in first stair level , if it pick up, just spawn new for you. Its follows you, buts its IQ of a three dollar bill.

- In the blowed stair level you can't make the final jump, just change to character who can double jump and change back. This level is also very fun, because you fire with your team mates to enemy who fires back at you, glass is crashing, bodies are dropping down to ground level, to sum in up its very fun part.

- At the end you can shoot down barabas, but it takes about 4 clips

Other fun stages you can play : Second TCTF level, regional state building (go outside, use road blocks as cover. Its also fun to shoot building glass with full auto :) ) and biochemical plant, choose barabas, use he's jet pack to fly glass roof (need mod instaled ofc) then load up the gear and use immortality cheat to shoot the glass to drop down, then deactivate the cheat. the firefight in this place is so much fun.

Well in conclusion, it would be fun to have something like that. + With prone mode and grenade launchers you can make a warzone

Last edited by Jafreiteris (11/17/13 16:11)

#2 11/17/13 16:11

ltemplar

Re: Idea of a script

You can also check this topic

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2413

And try to finish this beta version of my upcoming mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dkfod3jw9lbsdn5

Warning it require older version of the EA installer though.
(hard to tell if it's fully compatible with the new one)

For maximum experience read the red me how to ply this mod.

#3 11/17/13 16:11

Jafreiteris

Oh the first picture sums all up what i want to see smile Why its not in current AE???

#4 11/17/13 17:11

Iritscen

It's true, we've probably tended to overlook the gunplay, and Bungie went to some effort to make interesting weapons.  If you have good recording ability on your computer, you should make a YouTube video of the sorts of things you were describing.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 11/18/13 02:11

tens

Well damn, now i want to make a run with just guns big_smile. His concept seems pretty fun to try out!

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#6 11/18/13 09:11

Jafreiteris

Okey somehow first video caped at 30 sec mark, was very nice one, you can even fight barabas with weapon on weapon combat, its quite fun, the last blow was very nice, i just shooted him down from the roof. Done other, not so good as last one but still. It lagged sometimes you could see + i really fk up at the end, i really didn't expect to hit the bucket that way,  smile you could have a nice battle with sniper if you run trough the center of the pole.

What i also wanted to show where shooted the civilian is the double death, its very cool looking, you knock him down and finish him off smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UscPdN3x … e=youtu.be

Other video shows use of striker prone ability in firefight + use of grenade laucher (it could be used like c4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-XlHsOT … e=youtu.be

If you played China town mod, you have have a mission to run to get pda and run back, and there are grenaders firring you from rooftops, put that into a mix with team and you have world war 3 like d-day smile

So to sum its up, i think the weapon part of oni is very overlooked, its as much fun as the hand to hand combat. Especially with weapon pack, the only complain about that is the shotgun - Why Sammer didint make that the gun can knock down enemy's like mercury bow?

Last edited by Jafreiteris (11/18/13 09:11)

#7 11/18/13 10:11

Iritscen

The videos came out well, though that gun is totally OP smile  But it's a good example of how you can use mods and shapeshifter to add replay value to the game.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 11/18/13 12:11

uroboros

Intersting vids

Agreed. The gunplay is not utilized enough in the game. If some level parts were made just with shooting in mind then using guns wouldn't feel like cheating.

Board footer