Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#151 07/12/13 08:07

Iritscen

Re: Anniversary Edition Seven is here!

Well, those were intended as an aid to newbies, weren't they?  I'm not sure I understand what good those messages would do if they appeared in later levels.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#152 07/12/13 10:07

Samer
Website

I only hope the weapon name\ammo one, that is added by the new AE to appear in all levels as it was intended.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#153 07/12/13 11:07

Iritscen

Well, Alloc closed that ticket as wontfix, so it's not planned to be changed.

#154 07/12/13 12:07

Alloc
Website

Well, the ticket is closed because that is a game data "problem". Of course it could probably also be fixed through Daodan but we'd have to dig a lot deeper in the engine just to "fix" those messages which could be "fixed" by simply changing a few bits in the ONGS files wink

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#155 07/12/13 14:07

Iritscen

Well, someone could certainly make this into a mod, but I don't think it would be appropriate as a core fix.

#156 07/13/13 02:07

Jon God

Latest update broke my copy.

It downloaded and updated to the screen that says: "AEI is up to date" with a button that says "Close and launch AEI" but it wont let me click the button.

I quit it, and the installer cannot be found. The updater just takes me back to that same stuck screen.

UPDATE: I manually found the installer, and it still works, after using it, the script worked again. *shrugs*

Last edited by Jon God (07/13/13 02:07)

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#157 07/13/13 05:07

Samer
Website

What i was saying was that it should be either removed completely or included completely, it was closed because it was thought that it was only meant for first levels, i then replied why that's not true after chris closed it.
so either remove it completely from daodan, and then it could be made an optional package ... Or include it completely as it was intended, instead of it being half or an incomplete feature.
And alloc i hope the particle count limit is not forgotten, it's putting a hault on many possible mods, and more and more users are reporting a crash because of it. (many new characters that use custom particles can not be made, many level mods which use new particles or utilize several characters that use custom particles are also delayed)

#158 07/13/13 06:07

Iritscen

Alloc's point about the Daodan's augmented pickup message was that it piggybacks on the autoprompts, which are governed by the ONGS.  So whether you want to see the messages in all levels or no levels, you would change the ONGS' FirstAutopromptLevel and LastAutopromptLevel settings.

#159 07/29/13 04:07

TennoDia

Hey guys, i was searching for this game since last year. I wasnt able to install it on my windows 7 till I found the solution recently. :8

Thank you so much for reviving this game. I still remember how I was so addicted to it back in 2003.

I just started downloading the mods which is 450mb++. Am i supposed to download everything?  neutral

Oni fan since 2003! {)

Currently, I'm playing Warframe.

#160 07/29/13 06:07

Iritscen

Well, mods get downloaded by the AEI as you choose to install them.  So no, you don't want to install everything, that will just crash Oni.  Be selective and install the things that interest you smile

#161 09/03/13 23:09

Nettacki

Is it possible to disable one of the core mods installed (like say, the Unlock All Moves mod)?

#162 09/04/13 08:09

Iritscen

Well, most of those mods are core for a reason, so removing a core mod folder from AEInstaller/packages will just result in it being re-downloaded.  But if you want to disable that one, I suppose you could fool the AEI by renaming the package's "patches" folder to something else like "~patches".

#163 09/04/13 10:09

tens

@Nettacki.
Well it is a core pack for a reason, the AE hosts many various levels and content and not being able to play them with all the moves until you finish the entire campaign another time would put people off. yikes, i realized half-way playing through the campaign that i had all my moves, though it made the campaign only a tiny bit easier since i was using the Brutal AI Mod. I suggest the Brutal AI mod if you like a challenge smile

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#164 09/04/13 14:09

Samer
Website

TennoDia wrote:

I just started downloading the mods which is 450mb++. Am i supposed to download everything?  neutral

I guess the start screen that shows up and tells you DON'T DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING ... didn't do the trick :\
I wish more people would just READ.
please re-read the instructions that show up when you start the AEinstaller. If you missed something so crucial and obvious as "don't download more than 30 mods on your first run" ... you probably missed other important things.

yes I do realize this is old.

@Nettacki Iritscen's suggestion would work best, but I must add except for that particular mod it's not advised to mess with core packages as they can lead to bugs appearing or even the game crashing.

Last edited by Samer (09/04/13 15:09)

#165 09/04/13 22:09

tens

@Samer, i have around 43 mods installed, xD. It just depends on the mods you install. But yeah, having 43 mods removes my intro screen into a level. neutral

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#166 09/05/13 02:09

Lithium

Dude I can't even play this game with 20 mods installed O_O'

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#167 09/05/13 11:09

Samer
Website

Yeah that's not my point. First install it's better to not install more than 30ish mods, but later you can add more and test if it works. We said 30 but it's not specific. The whole point i suggested having that warning starup screen and alloc and iritscen implemented it was to avoid : ''I'm installing all mods'' not to force a specific number. Alas it seems though unless we add a neon flashing sign saying don't install ALL MODs, many will ignore the startup instructions box (which i don't get how they can when it shows up everytime till you read it and learn how to disable it)
anyway we're getting off topic.

#168 09/06/13 12:09

tens

Yup, the gods of ye forum have blessed us with thine knownledge. Accept it graciously and abide it. smile

#169 09/08/13 11:09

striker_slam90

Hey all, just moved this post over from Modifications, thanks Samer for the tip (and your awesome FB posts, which brought me here in the first place...)

Story is I just downloaded the latest version of AE, which seems really cool and I am really, really looking forward to running. Only problem is that once I try to run the AE installer/updater (not the initial, choose Oni folder setup deal) Java can't open the AEInstaller2Updater.jar file. I've checked Console and it just says Java encountered an unexpected error. Does anyone have similar hardware to me who has experienced this problem? My version of Java is up to date. Looking around the internet hasn't helped me find any info that could solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Last edited by striker_slam90 (09/08/13 13:09)

#170 09/08/13 16:09

Iritscen

Hmm, I haven't encountered this on my Mac... what do you get in the Terminal if you type "java -version"?

#171 09/08/13 16:09

Alloc
Website

Did the setup run the updater at the end? I.e. when the program was installed did a smaller window with a progress bar pop up and download additional files?

Sounds like files are missing there, would be good if you could tell us what files and folders are in your Oni-folder/AE/AEInstaller.

Furthermore for more interactive help you could try to contact me (see bottom of oni2.net) or join our IRC channel.

Regards,
Chris

#172 09/08/13 18:09

striker_slam90

Iritscen wrote:

Hmm, I haven't encountered this on my Mac... what do you get in the Terminal if you type "java -version"?

1.6.0_51

#173 09/08/13 18:09

striker_slam90

Alloc wrote:

Did the setup run the updater at the end? I.e. when the program was installed did a smaller window with a progress bar pop up and download additional files?

Sounds like files are missing there, would be good if you could tell us what files and folders are in your Oni-folder/AE/AEInstaller.

Furthermore for more interactive help you could try to contact me (see bottom of oni2.net) or join our IRC channel.

Regards,
Chris

No. It tried to, then I got the error message.

AE has a folder and a file: the file is an app/script (Run AE Installer) and the folder contains AE proxy settings (.xml) and the AE installer/updater (.jar)

#174 09/08/13 18:09

Iritscen

Hmm, your Java version is fine (same as mine).  What happens when you type in the Terminal "java -jar /[put path to Oni here]/AE/AEInstaller/bin/AEInstaller2.jar"?  If you get an error as a result, it's best to copy-paste the error directly into your post so we can see exactly what it says.  Not sure if this will help Alloc, but you can also run "java -verbose -jar /[path to Oni]/AE/AEInstaller/bin/AEInstaller2.jar > ~/Desktop/aeijavalog.txt" to make a log of Java's attempt to open the AEI.

#175 09/09/13 01:09

Alloc
Website

@Irit: If I understood striker's post right he does not have the installer but only the updater wink

@Striker_slam: Instead of running AEInstaller2.jar as Irit told you run the AEInstaller2Updater.jar. If that works it should create a "bin" folder inside that directory that contains "AEInstaller2.jar" and other files.

Board footer