You are not logged in.

#126 06/18/13 10:06

Grey_sky

Re: Anniversary Edition Seven is here!

Ohhh sheesh Sorry about that, It's working now! finally! Thank you wink

#127 06/18/13 11:06

Iritscen

No problem, that ƒ has caused a lot of people trouble over the years.  Enjoy the mods!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#128 06/18/13 15:06

Alloc
Website

Grey_sky wrote:

Did you change / do anything else besides removing that f-like-character? E.g. move your install to a different location, reinitialize the AE core (by selecting to do so in the AEI menu or because AEI asked you on startup)?

Right now I can't really believe that this character could be the only reason for such problems. Also it looks like the first initialization already failed as the installation doesn't even try to import anything else than 0,4,14.

Last edited by Alloc (06/18/13 15:06)

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#129 06/18/13 15:06

Lithium

Question, was the glass mod changed? I remember  before I could break glass using any move but now it seems like it only works with guns and not any physical moves

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#130 06/18/13 16:06

Samer
Website

As said a few posts before yours lithium .. Glass mod is going to be an xml patch mod, hasn't been released yet ... ( Iritscen last time you said, That there were problems with the new java patch thing .. Have these problems been solved ?) how about we release the glass mod as it is .. .oni files and then when the patch becomes ready the pack can be updated again. There's no reason that i can think of why it can't be released now.

Last edited by Samer (06/18/13 16:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#131 06/18/13 16:06

Lithium

Ohhh didn't see, my apologies. Thanks for the info.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#132 06/18/13 17:06

Grey_sky

Alloc wrote:
Grey_sky wrote:

Did you change / do anything else besides removing that f-like-character? E.g. move your install to a different location, reinitialize the AE core (by selecting to do so in the AEI menu or because AEI asked you on startup)?

Right now I can't really believe that this character could be the only reason for such problems. Also it looks like the first initialization already failed as the installation doesn't even try to import anything else than 0,4,14.

I honestly don't know much about modding, I basically just followed Iritscen's instruction (removing the letter-thingy) then it works like a charm!

#133 06/18/13 20:06

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

That there were problems with the new java[script] patch thing .. Have these problems been solved ?) how about we release the glass mod as it is

Let me talk with s10k before we do anything, it's been a while since we talked.  He can make something that works, we were just concerned that it might be a bit slow, but I have some ideas for speeding it up.

#134 06/19/13 17:06

Samer
Website

Regarding strikers appearing instead of caren's in TCTF Regional HQ as discussed a few posts before http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 280#p46280

Ah, thanks.  It's definitely the globalization fix.  I know what happened but it will take a while to explain, so instead of explaining I'll just devote that time to fixing the problem smile  Though it should actually be only those two Strikers who used to be Karen, so let me know if you find any others.

I wanted to fix this since it was bugging me and I consider the ONCV thing kinda my domain tongue
taking a look at the globalization fixes for characters
it contains ONCCCop_generic which has ONCVtctf_lite this is basically another variant of TCTF_lite_1  .. the light tctf trooper this is another outfit but without shoulder pads .. this outfit didn't exist in vanilla Oni .. so I'm not sure what's the purpose of this except cosmetically to add variety to the light tctf appearances.

and applies a patch ONCCstriker_dream_lab.oni-patch this basically changes the variant of dream lab striker to ONCVstriker from ONCVstriker_easy .. that's understandable ...

I wasn't clear how either of these could affect caren's though .. so I removed the content of this package completely .. and reinstalled .. same issue persisted so I'm not sure that the character globalization fixes is responsible for this bug.

I then extracted the BINACJBOCharacter file from level18_Final (tctf redux) from the level18.dat created by AEinstaller with no packages except core packages installed,  (it's found in this folder ...\AE\GameDataFolder)
and found this in it :
<Flags>NotInitiallyPresent</Flags>
<Class>striker_easy_1</Class>
<Name>C_C65</Name>
and
<Flags>NotInitiallyPresent</Flags>
<Class>striker_easy_1</Class>
<Name>D_C100</Name>

so it's a BINACJBOCharacter issue not an ONCC or ONCV issue .. I don't see any core package however that affects that file.

I went and extracted it from the level18_Final.dat that's in ...\AE\AEInstaller\vanilla
and also found the Striker reference in the BINACJBOCharacter file !
what does this mean ? if the AEinstaller creates those files in the vanilla folder before any packs or core packs are applied then there's something happening while it's building them.

I went and tested my unmodded vanilla Oni .. it's caren not a striker.

so Iritscen can you explain what's happening here ?
and can anyone else confirm this issue ?

Last edited by Samer (06/19/13 17:06)

#135 06/19/13 18:06

Iritscen

#136 06/19/13 22:06

Samer
Website

Mm ok what i got is the original vanilla oni mistakenly put the characters class there as strikers in the BINACJBO ... The onvl of tctf redux normally doesn't have striker listed there so it automatically choses copfemale instead (i know when a character class is missing caren spawns instead cz alphabatically she's first class) .. When the onvl is globalized by the edition it can find the striker class and spawn it.
The fix is then to change the BINACJBOcharacter file for that level and put the right class i.e Copfemale instead of striker ... I can do that and update the pack.
I'm not 100% sure though if the wrong classes in the BINACJBO were from vanilla oni.

But concerning the Cop_generic geyser said it's related to Copfemale appearance in level3 ... I didn't find what caused that bug in the first place or how adding a new character fixes it.

Last edited by Samer (06/19/13 22:06)

#137 06/20/13 07:06

Iritscen

Please don't update the package.  I'm waiting for the patching system to be finished before I fix this.  The BINACJBO .oni should not be replaced by a core package or else we are making trouble for modders who want to alter Ch. 18's CJBO.  At one time the patching system was taking too long to patch the BINA file because of its size.  s10k then found a faster system, however it had issues on the Mac.  But sooner or later we will have a solution.  Just try to be patient, please.

Anyway, Karen was appearing in AE Ch. 3 because her class was now globally visible, whereas it wasn't made a part of Ch. 3 in vanilla Oni, and came first among the cop variants alphabetically, as you noted.  Geyser fixed that by adding an ONCC that alphabetically came before the other cops (note the underscore in Cop_generic).

#138 06/22/13 14:06

Samer
Website

Iritscen I updated the package before I saw your post ... really sorry ! :s
However I disagree that making it an oni file will cause problems while a patch won't it's the opposite in this case.
patches will build on the highest numbered BINACJBOCharacter ... so for example my mod SMP-Conversion modifies the BINACJBOCHaracter of level18 .. to add blackops carens and golden tctf .. if the patch is applied to my modded file it will change the characters i set .. while if it's an oni file the one which is higher number (modded) overwrites the core one. (which is what modders want) so in this case I don't see how a patch will be more useful.
tell me if you want me to re-remove it.

And concerning the cop_generic mmm what happens if new custom characters come alphabatically before cop_generic .. Examplle bgi_etc ..won't they appear instead ? Won't changing the BINACJBOCharacter or AISA file so it lists the correct variant be a better fix ?

Last edited by Samer (06/22/13 16:06)

#139 06/22/13 18:06

Iritscen

Sigh, I guess it's okay; I hadn't thought about the issue with using a patch there.

As far as the Cop_generic issue, I thought the key was that it had to come before the other cop classes alphabetically, but now I'm getting confused when I look at the ONCVs and ONCCs and it doesn't seem like it would work that way.  I'm dead tired right now and I don't really think I can spend any more time on this.  Whatever works, works for me at this point.

#140 06/26/13 17:06

Loser

Bug report #1:
In fullscreen mode on my laptop, "inverted" resolutions can be chosen:
768x1024
800x1280

Both cause the Oni application to freeze at the next startup.

Bug report #2:
BSL commands ai2_shownames and ai2_showhealth cause the Oni application to BLAM! crash (be it from dev console or from BSL script).

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#141 06/26/13 18:06

Samer
Website

Alloc sent me a newer daodan that fixes the second bug ..
@Alloc : suggestion, maybe you should update the current core daodan with the one you sent me, i know you're still working on other features with it .. But, since it has this bug which is kinda crucial for modders, it shouldn't be left any longer, and then it can be later updated when more features are added.

Last edited by Samer (06/26/13 18:06)

#142 06/27/13 08:06

Alloc
Website

Updated node to v.3.3.

@Loser: Didn't see this problem yet. Will try to find out why that happens.

// EDIT: No idea why those resolutions are shown wrong on your laptop. Though it's likely that this is the "fault" of your graphics drivers as Oni(/Daodan) simply shows the modes that are reported by Windows.
Do you get the same resolutions reported with other games?

Last edited by Alloc (06/27/13 08:06)

#143 06/28/13 04:06

Samer
Website

After the last daodan update there's a new bug, the laser sights \ targeting reticule of weapons show when carried by the AI.

#144 06/28/13 04:06

Loser

Alloc:
I don't play many games besides Oni, and those selected few others (Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy) usually come with an array of pre-set resolutions to be chosen from.

My suggestion is to let this slip as a specific hardware quirk but keep it in mind. If some other user happens to report this issue once more, start looking for a solution.

Also, I have other bug to report - when a user cycles through menus very quickly (for example very quickly presses ESC to bring main menu, clicks the Load Game withing an instant and swiftly repositions cursor and doubleclicks some savepoint in the load menu), there is a certain chance the application will show Settings menu and freeze, instead of loading the selected savepoint.

This random bug is not totally new, even in vanilla Oni the vertical sidebar in load menu is sometimes uninteracteable when the aforementioned fast menu switching is performed. However with the AE in effect, the application freezing bug "show Settings menu instead of save point load" starts showing up.

Samer:
If you mean laser and reticule of enemies' weapons are visible originating from enemies, then it could be kept as a feature. I always wandered "lore-wise" why player cannot see laser sights of enemy weapons ^_^
But if you mean "enemy has a weapon, player character gets the enemy's weapon reticule visible as if the player character held the weapon", then it is a sad bug worth fixing.

Last edited by Loser (06/28/13 04:06)

#145 06/28/13 05:06

Samer
Website

i meant they're originating from enemies, it looks ok for some weapons but for weapons like the sbg and scram cannon it looks weird. and it makes it much easier to dodge them.

#146 06/28/13 14:06

Alloc
Website

Samer wrote:

After the last daodan update there's a new bug, the laser sights \ targeting reticule of weapons show when carried by the AI.

Yup, forgot that one. It's a side effect of the flatline code which should be disabled normally. Will fix that the next days. (And before you ask: Flatline doesn't work in the Daodan (yet) wink )

@Loser:
Does Oni show the normal version of those resolutions too? I.e. does it only show 768*1024 or also 1024*768? I could probably make the Daodan simply drop those inverted resolutions or make them the correct order wink

Loser wrote:

Also, I have other bug to report - when a user cycles through menus very quickly (for example very quickly presses ESC to bring main menu, clicks the Load Game withing an instant and swiftly repositions cursor and doubleclicks some savepoint in the load menu), there is a certain chance the application will show Settings menu and freeze, instead of loading the selected savepoint.

This random bug is not totally new, even in vanilla Oni the vertical sidebar in load menu is sometimes uninteracteable when the aforementioned fast menu switching is performed. However with the AE in effect, the application freezing bug "show Settings menu instead of save point load" starts showing up.

Gotta check on this but I assume that's one of those things I won't be able to fix. Maybe sfeli will do some time. It's noted though wink

Regards,
Chris

#147 06/30/13 04:06

Loser

Alloc, I have tried "laser sights visible for all" and personally I like it. My opinion is that reticles show OK for all weapons, as they look kinda like hi-tech holographic sights projected by the gun to aid the gun wielder with aiming.

However I acknowledge why you don't want to keep it as a standard change. Still, could this feature be redone to be toggleable via "daodan.ini" file, pretty please?

Last edited by Loser (06/30/13 04:06)

#148 06/30/13 08:06

Alloc
Website

@Loser: Looks like you missed this part of my last post wink

Alloc wrote:

@Loser:
Does Oni show the normal version of those resolutions too? I.e. does it only show 768*1024 or also 1024*768? I could probably make the Daodan simply drop those inverted resolutions or make them the correct order wink

Loser wrote:

However I acknowledge why you don't want to keep it as a standard change. Still, could this feature be redone to be toggleable via "daodan.ini" file, pretty please?

Sure smile

#149 06/30/13 10:06

Loser

My bad, my bad.
The laptop uses intergated graphics chip "Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family".

Here's a screenshot. The bug only appears in the fullscreen mode. There are no inverted resolutions in window mode.
Notice that 640x480 and 800x600 resolutions are unaffected. Only higher resolutions succumb to this issue.
"Standard" resolutions are working fine. Inverted ones freeze the application upon restart.
Oni_Full_Screen_Inverted_Resolutions.jpg

Last edited by Loser (06/30/13 11:06)

#150 07/12/13 00:07

Loser

Previously, this message was a "bug report" about missing autoprompts.

My apologies, it was a false alarm. It was ONGS game settings, not a coding bug.

Still, it reminded me of a small issue with autoprompting. Most of autoprompts, be it talk to person, open door or name and ammo of a weapon, are set to display only in a few first levels.
However, it would be nice to have some of them, namely "door" and "non-combatant interaction" display throughout all levels, instead of making the player pre-emptively mashing CTRL key near each scientist or a door.

Easy to do and distribute as a core fix. Any opinions?

Last edited by Loser (07/12/13 01:07)

Board footer