Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 04/05/13 07:04

paradox-01

Re: Anniversary Edition Seven is here!

I've the same problem with missing AE text on laptop and PC. (fresh Oni / Oni AE installations)

installed_mods.xml
<?xml version="1.0" ?><vector><int>2000</int><int>2200</int><int>4000</int><int>5000</int><int>5100</int><int>22010</int><int>22023</int><int>22025</int><int>22026</int><int>23590</int><int>23900</int></vector>

It lists some core package and some not. Should it list all or are there exceptions?

#27 04/05/13 07:04

Alloc
Website

Only those that are non-tool (e.g. no daodan, engine). But in this case it was really irit's fault as he changed the type for Menu Fixes. Should be ok now.

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#28 04/05/13 07:04

Iritscen

Oops, just changed it again, it's in Other now.  I was wondering why it was still in AE when I thought I moved it.  Edit: Yeah, sorry about that guys, I didn't think about how the AEI would react if I moved the mod to the Patches category.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#29 04/05/13 10:04

Samer
Website

Alloc wrote:

Are you sure you ran the right Oni?

yup

Though the weapon name / ammo display does only happen until a certain point, e.g. in last level you won't see those messages as those seem to be kinda "tutorial" messages.

uhm ok i was testing it in atmospheric exterior and dream lab .. turns out it only appears in level 1(warehouse) and level 2(musashi) .. that's kinda too limited to be honest tongue I'm not sure it was intended just to be tutorial messages by gumby . but no big deal it's a nice addition but not a crucial one, glad to know nothing is messed up at my end.

Alloc wrote:

menus ... Should be ok now.

yes works now, thanks smile

Last edited by Samer (04/05/13 10:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#30 04/06/13 12:04

Knox

I installed this new one, I have everything up to date. I click install with my mods selected, and it won't install. Not even an error message.

EDIT: Never mind. Reinstalled it and it worked fine. I don't know what happened.

Last edited by Knox (04/06/13 14:04)

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#31 04/06/13 13:04

Alloc
Website

Then please post your aei_output.log after you had run AEI and tried to install mods. That should contain helpful information wink

#32 04/09/13 07:04

Siimonster

would anyone have any ideas as to how to solve a slight hitch. I'm running OSX 8.2
I've downloaded mono runtime and the recommended java program but everytime I open up the new AE installer it says it can't run the java and I should check the console for potential problems. any ideas as to how to solve this? anyway thanks very much for all the hard work smile much appreciated

#33 04/09/13 08:04

Iritscen

Hmm, have you looked at /Applications/Utilities/Console for Java errors?

#34 04/09/13 09:04

Siimonster

Iritscen wrote:

Hmm, have you looked at /Applications/Utilities/Console for Java errors?

I'm not entirely sure what exactly an error related to java would look like in the console. i can't see anything that pops out but might be that i simply don't recognise it though

#35 04/09/13 11:04

Iritscen

Can you run the following in Utilities/Terminal?  Try 'which java' and 'java -version' and let me know what output you get.

#36 04/09/13 19:04

Siimonster

Iritscen wrote:

Can you run the following in Utilities/Terminal?  Try 'which java' and 'java -version' and let me know what output you get.

it comes up with:
java version "1.6.0_43"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_43-b01-447-11M4203)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.14-b01-447, mixed mode)

is that correct or should i be running a different version?

#37 04/09/13 20:04

Iritscen

That should work fine.  Try going into AE/AEInstaller/bin/ and double-clicking AEInstaller2.jar.  If that fails, try typing in Terminal "java -jar /Games/Oni/AE/AEInstaller/bin/AEInstaller2/jar" (using your own path to Oni/, of course).

#38 04/09/13 23:04

EdT
Website

Just wondering would it be possible for AE7 to work with the demos (PC and Mac) for Oni?  That way those who don't have the game can get a taste of AE.

#39 04/10/13 06:04

Iritscen

I do have it on my to-do list to try to make the AE work with the demos.

#40 04/10/13 22:04

Siimonster

Iritscen wrote:

That should work fine.  Try going into AE/AEInstaller/bin/ and double-clicking AEInstaller2.jar.  If that fails, try typing in Terminal "java -jar /Games/Oni/AE/AEInstaller/bin/AEInstaller2/jar" (using your own path to Oni/, of course).

i tried both but neither worked, came up with this:

Unable to access jarfile /Games/Oni/AE/AEInstaller/bin/AEInstaller2/jar

#41 04/10/13 23:04

EdT
Website

Siimonster: Actually there is a typo in the command it should be AEInstaller2.jar not AEInstaller2/jar.  But the sample command only works if the Oni folder is inside the Games folder.  That is why he said to use your own path to Oni.

Try this: Open the Terminal then type "java -jar" (do not type in the quotes) then add a space after the word jar.  Now in the Finder go to Oni/AE/AEInstaller/bin/ now left click on the file AEInstaller2.jar and drag it to the terminal window and release the mouse button.  Click on the Terminal window to make it active then press the RETURN key.

#42 04/11/13 09:04

Siimonster

mm it doesn't seem to want to work, I tried those things but it won't go beyond opening the AE installer and then says I don't have permission to run the AEInstaller2Updater.jar file, also there doesn't seem to be a bin folder, only the jar file and another cache called 'run AE installer' neither of which will work. it doesn't do a whole lot if i open it in the terminal or by double clicking it. anyways thanks for the suggestions anyways, its probably something simple but i think it might just be a bit of a lost cause haha anyways no sweat i'll keep researching it and try to figure it out

#43 04/11/13 09:04

Alloc
Website

So you don't even have an AEInstaller2.jar as you don't have a bin/ folder? So you only have a AEInstaller2Updater.jar? Can you run this one or not?

#44 04/11/13 11:04

Siimonster

yeh the .zip file just installs an anniversary edition  set up program which in turn installs an AE folder with the 'run AE installer' icon and another folder with the AEinstallerUpdater.jar file. when i try to open either in the terminal or console it says its denied access

Last edited by Siimonster (04/11/13 11:04)

#45 04/11/13 11:04

Alloc
Website

The "Run AE Installer" won't work as long as the updater wasn't executed once (which should have happened at end of setup and also should work manually now). Looks like there's something going wrong with the setup itself. Did you try to delete the whole AE/ folder and run the setup again? (Perhaps also redownload the setup)

#46 04/11/13 21:04

kyletm57

Eagerly downloading now, huge thanks to everyone involved!

banner2440.jpg

#47 04/14/13 11:04

Siimonster

Alloc wrote:

The "Run AE Installer" won't work as long as the updater wasn't executed once (which should have happened at end of setup and also should work manually now). Looks like there's something going wrong with the setup itself. Did you try to delete the whole AE/ folder and run the setup again? (Perhaps also redownload the setup)

yeh I deleted the folder a couple of times and redownloaded the .zip setup file as well but its doesn't help

#48 04/14/13 14:04

Iritscen

Actually, if "Run AE Installer" doesn't find the AE Installer, it opens the Updater, so that's not the issue.  I'm puzzled by how it says you don't have permission, but are you using an administrator account on your Mac?  And did you try opening the Console and typing "java" in the filter field in the upper-right of the window to see if anything appears there after you try running the Updater.jar??

#49 04/15/13 23:04

Siimonster

yep I only have one account on the system. i ran again and it pops up with a message saying it can't run and to check the console.
in the console under java filter it just says

16/04/2013 12:33:11.039 mdworker[723]: Unable to talk to lsboxd
16/04/2013 12:33:11.044 mdworker[724]: Unable to talk to lsboxd
16/04/2013 12:33:11.135 sandboxd[725]: ([723]) mdworker(723) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd
16/04/2013 12:33:11.143 sandboxd[725]: ([724]) mdworker(724) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd
16/04/2013 12:33:11.000 kernel[0]: Sandbox: sandboxd(725) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd

what those mean i'm not entirely sure but the only stuff showing up in the console under java is to do with safari

#50 04/16/13 08:04

Iritscen

I think those are normal errors, I get them all the time (though I wish Apple would fix them).  I dunno, can you take a screenshot of the error you get when trying to run Java, or transcribe it here word for word?  Though honestly I have a feeling you'll be better off asking for help on a tech-oriented forum.

Board footer