Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/30/13 17:01

Ninety Nine

Oni doesn't pick up keyboard inputs at all.

I just reinstalled the game, and installed the Daodan DLL (Windows 7 x64) and it actually launches, and looks perfect. Loads in-game just fine.

Once I'm there though, the game doesn't respond to any keyboard input at all. Not even the pause menu can be brought up with ESC. The mouse works flawlessly however. I've checked the key_bindings file, tried using OKE, and even toggled directinput off, and nothing seems to work. Windows still picks up my inputs while playing too, so the game itself just isn't recognizing them.

Google searching isn't bringing up any solutions, and I scanned through every topic on this troubleshooting section, and it seems like I'm the only one with this issue.

#2 01/30/13 19:01

Iritscen

Re: Oni doesn't pick up keyboard inputs at all.

Wow, yeah, I've never heard of that before.  Unfortunately we're in the middle of testing a new Daodan DLL and that may be part of the problem.  Can you go back to the Depot (http://mods.oni2.net/node/243) and download the second attachment, Oni+Daodan_old.zip?  This contains the Daodan that was used in the 2010 AE, which we didn't seem to have many issues with.  Let me know how that works, please.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/30/13 20:01

Ninety Nine

Yeah, that seems to have worked. The -nodinput argument wasn't working with the newer .dll but it works fine with the old one. Thanks a lot for the help, and I'll be sure to report back again if something else comes up.

#4 01/30/13 20:01

Iritscen

Oh, I see... the new DLL indeed does not have that argument.  The developer is no longer around, so I'm only now trying to learn about this thing, while on the Mac side.  Okay, thanks for the information, and I'm glad Oni is working!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer