Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 03/24/12 17:03

Valkyrur

Re: Oni Roleplay: Artwork for (or related to) the RP

kyletm57 wrote:

Oh and also, what would WCG agents look like? I have a feeling that they may become involved in the RP soon.

I'd guess something like Iranian police.

White shirt, kevlar underneath or above, kneepads, track shoes, and either a balaclava or black baseball cap

Last edited by Valkyrur (03/24/12 23:03)

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#27 03/24/12 23:03

Mukade

That would be one thing we should draw up, since they don't show up in the game.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#28 03/25/12 10:03

Valkyrur

I think the light BellTower troops in DXHR fit the description I came up with somewhat:

299px-Belltower-light-alt.png

Alright that's kind of uncanny now that I think of it.

Last edited by Valkyrur (03/25/12 10:03)

#29 03/25/12 13:03

kyletm57

[Pics Incoming]

Well, considering the time period, i was thinking they would have a more futuristic Japanese look to them, akin to the soldiers in Neotokyo, or even how Motoko looked in GITS:

55935647713a2ac1b407.jpg
15882518511.jpg
neotokyoassaultnsf.jpg

There's also always the shady government look too (like how hazama looks in Blazblue, or how Q looks in street fighter 3 except with a black outfit)

[EDIT: Hmmm that Motoko pic would make a nice profile photo]

Last edited by kyletm57 (03/25/12 20:03)

banner2440.jpg

#30 03/25/12 22:03

Valkyrur

kyletm57 wrote:

[Pics Incoming]

Well, considering the time period, i was thinking they would have a more futuristic Japanese look to them, akin to the soldiers in Neotokyo, or even how Motoko looked in GITS:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7117/55935647713a2ac1b407.jpg
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/927/15882518511.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1407/neotokyoassaultnsf.jpg

There's also always the shady government look too (like how hazama looks in Blazblue, or how Q looks in street fighter 3 except with a black outfit)

[EDIT: Hmmm that Motoko pic would make a nice profile photo]

Need I remind you the WCG is INTERNATIONAL and certainly has it's power seats in the more imperialist western portions of the globe, say, England or America.

And in those cases, uniforms are based off of what makes sense for their geography and environment, not the culture around the area.

The Iranian style would make perfect sense for an urban area at Japan's latitude. You can use shortsleeves during the summer months and longsleeves during the winter months. The black hat or balaclava keeps your head warm while the white shirt keeps your body temperature at a level low enough so that you're not too relaxed incase something goes down, and not too hot as to the dehydration effecting performance. It only makes sense that the WCG, which values it's agents quality over quantity would want this setup to their uniforms. Designing the uniform for an international organization based off a single culture would almost in a way defeat some of the points of the WCG to begin with.

Note the way, for example, how England during it's imperialist times would design their uniforms based off of their efficiency in the environments of their colonies. You wouldn't see a redcoat style uniform in say, South Africa or India, and you sure as hell wouldn't see a grayshirt/brownshirt style uniform in Canada or the northern Americas. Let's apply that same logic here with the WCG.

Oh, and I found a real-life image of what I was talking about, the police uniform in Iran:

Soldiers_military_combat_field_dress_uniforms_Iran_Iranian_army_003.jpg

#31 03/26/12 14:03

kyletm57

@Certified:

While I agree with what you're saying ( it's true my whole cyberpunk Japanese thing would make little sense), what it really boils down to is the type of WCG agents we are going to introduce. On one hand we could have the WCG be a military organization, in which case your idea fits perfectly. But on the other hand we could have the WCG be more like "big brother", where the agents would have a more shady appearance. So it depends on how we want to portray the WCG, as the game doesn't go into detail about it.

banner2440.jpg

#32 03/27/12 17:03

guido
Website

Syndicate, WCG, TCTF... you are hinting at three different organizations, and yet you are debating over some generic military outfit that could
match the requirements of new operating environments like the wasteland. Practically, you are asking me to envision at least three new characters!
I'll take up the challenge, and toy with some ideas that have been surfacing over the last few days.

Incidentally, I found myself with some spare time tonight. Grabbed my pencil and started to sketch out a hand-to-hand combat scene. As many elder members of this forum know, I'm unable to envision a character in a vacuum or put on a blank page. In order to shape him/her I have to picture a situation first. I need him/her in motion, interacting with something or someone else. And here is the result! The fighter on the left could be affiliated to WCG (perhaps some new type of special ops?), the one on the right rather resembles a syndicate ninja (disguised in rags).

It's just a beginning of course!

GUIDOexperiment1.jpg

What if this is as good as it gets?

#33 03/27/12 18:03

TheCreature

I like it.  I'll be sure to use this pic in the RP.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#34 03/27/12 18:03

kyletm57

If this is just the beginning, I can't wait to see what's in store. Looks fantastic! I like how the helmet looks with the camouflage on the possible WCG agent, and also the rags on the ninja was a nice touch.

banner2440.jpg

#35 03/27/12 19:03

Striker

The only thing that looks just a bit off is the ninja's helmet (it seems a bit squished/flat at the front), but other than that, looks great!

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#36 03/27/12 20:03

Valkyrur

Guy on the left kinda reminds me of the Quarians in Mass Effect

#37 03/28/12 04:03

Delano762
Website

Looks great. WCG fella looks Halo-like.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#38 03/28/12 21:03

kyletm57

@Delano

yah i thought so too, there is a very similar helmet in Reach

banner2440.jpg

Board footer