-------------------------------
Titan Mode 1.5
LEVEL 0 - NO CHANGES IS THE SAME OF ORIGINAL THAT COME WITH GAME
LEVEL 1 - BUGS OF CUTSCENES AND DIALOGS FIXED
LEVEL 2 - CUTSCENE BUG AND CRASH BUG FIXES
LEVEL 3 - BARABAS SKILL UPDATED, FIXED CUTSCENE SPAWN BUGS
LEVEL 4 - FIXED civ_victim_5 SPAWN
LEVEL 5 - FIXED 3 SPAWNS THAT CRASHED THE GAME
LEVEL 6 - SOME SPAWN FIXED. IMPROVED BARABAS SKILL. DELETED EXTRA CHARS.
LEVEL 7 - SPAWNS FIXED. FINAL BUG WITH COUNTER FIXED.
LEVEL 8 - SPAWNS FIXED.
LEVEL 9 - SPAWNS FIXED.
LEVEL 10 - SPAWNS FIXED. MUKADE SKILL UPDATED. THANKS TO LOSER. smile
LEVEL 11 - SPAWNS FIXED & MINISTRIKERS MINIGAME UPDATED
LEVEL 12 - SAME OF TITAN 1.0
LEVEL 13 - SPAWNS FIXED, DELETED EXTRA CHARS.
LEVEL 14 - MUROS FINAL FIGHT FIXED

P.S. SOME CHANGES MAY NOT BE IN THIS LOG.

Please report me any bugs.

/*Copied the useful info from the wiki

Titan Mode

Titan Mode is another oni mod that try to make the game more difficult. This was did changing original scripts and adding more enemies.*

An interesting feature is the "respawn" mode. When you die you have the option to continue from you died or exit the game. There are a dead counter. This is useful for try beat records and defy others players.

Additional Info

Please note that future updates are not planned, since AE does now the job of increasing Oni difficulty with some packages like "Upgraded ONCCs" or "Andrashi Meele System".

TITAN MODE LEVELS 15/15 Available     Known Bugs     Version
[LEVEL 0]     NONE     Original
[LEVEL 1]     NONE     1.1
[LEVEL 2]     NONE     1.1
[LEVEL 3]     Multi Spawn bugs, acid massive dye bug     1.1
[ LEVEL 4]     last cutscene bug, 4 red strikers inside door     1.0
[LEVEL 5]     Multi Spawn bugs     1.0
[LEVEL 6]     Multi Spawn bugs     1.1
[LEVEL 7]     NONE     1.1
[LEVEL 8]     acid multi bugs, multi spam bugs     1.1
[LEVEL 9]     NONE     1.1
[LEVEL 10]     NONE     1.1
[LEVEL 11]     NONE     1.1
[LEVEL 12]     NONE     1.0
[LEVEL 13]     NONE     1.1
[LEVEL 14]     NONE     1.3

*/

Download:
http://mods.oni2.net/node/114

Last edited by s10k (07/24/10 10:07)

#2 12/18/07 15:12

Tantir

Re: Oni Titan Mode 1.5

I check level 5 and 6 and I found bugs. In level 5 between savepoint 4 and 5 (doors) strikers spawned many times, (about 30) In level 6 I`ve noticed in (in lobby 3rd floor) is some tctf troops which  panic all time. (Mayby it has to be that)
And on the same floor is room with stricker and tctf copmale (he have Plasma rifle) and he shooting to me.
Also after intro lobby_striker_01 and lobby_striker_02 ... only  one of them (one ls1 and one ls2) come to the garage.
And in atrium (maybe it is my computer foult (thanks to oni un/packer)) some syndicate elite hiding behind elevator. And can you do something with a_t05 and a_t06, they shooting all the time(even when all enemies die). I know they are forced by engine but they are pathetic when they shooting and killing themselves.

Now barabas fight is hard (especialy with doube earthquaqer, and "super I`m stronger").
Titan mode is really good work. wink

#3 12/19/07 05:12

ItemfinderDeluxe

I've found a bug similar to what Tantir spotted. This is in Level 3, after I activated the third console to get to the vats. The commguys and strikers spawned, but then the spawning function looped for some reason and kept spawning enemy after enemy. By the time Oni crashed I was against 20 enemies, with another 12 dead on the ground.

What do you believe causes the loop problem?

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#4 12/19/07 06:12

m2

What do you believe causes the loop problem?

Strikers and comguys? That's the room with the hypo. There's a trigger volume that executes the function "spawn_lively_3" every time you enter it.

@Script_10k: To fix this problem search for the function "spawn_lively_3" and add "trigvolume_enable lively_3 0" as first command.

There's another "bug" in this level that causes a crash.  To fix it search for the function "spawn_opposite_striker_1" and add "trigvolume_enable spawn_opposite_1 0" as first command. Search also for the function "spawn_opposite_striker_2" and add "trigvolume_enable spawn_opposite_2 0" as first command.

Last edited by m2 (12/19/07 06:12)

#5 12/19/07 08:12

s10k
Website

Hi, I know that kind of bugs. They are in every level. I fixed a lot of them in  1.5 version (with variables) but still much to fix. Thanks for the triggers turn off tip m2. Looks easyer than work with variables in all fuctions.

Keep the bugs coming I will fix them in a new release.

#6 12/20/07 01:12

ItemfinderDeluxe

Actually, there is one 'bug' from all the versions - falling into acid or into oblivion results in you dying, then respawning, then dying again. Rinse and repeat. Is it possible to turn off the respawn loop for those situations, and how so?

#7 12/20/07 04:12

s10k
Website

ItemfinderDeluxe wrote:

Actually, there is one 'bug' from all the versions - falling into acid or into oblivion results in you dying, then respawning, then dying again. Rinse and repeat. Is it possible to turn off the respawn loop for those situations, and how so?

Yes, it is. I didn't implement it, but is possible. We just need to play with acid and oblivion fuctions/triggers. Or I can do a version without respawn.

#8 12/20/07 04:12

ItemfinderDeluxe

Well, the acid triggers are all level-based, and the pits aren't too deep (save for the ones in the science prison). Or, you could add to the acid and oblivion codes to specifically kill the player from those conditions. After all, they both automatically set the player's health to 0. Thus, you could just chuck the standard lose function on top of the triggers.

A version without respawn could perhaps work, if you drop ALL the guns. They tend to kill me the most (especially when trying to dodge 6 strikers with Black Adders in a confined space...). Then, Oni Titan Mode would shift it's emphasis to superior combat and evasive skills, rather than running in headfirst and letting the respawn keep you going.

#9 12/20/07 04:12

s10k
Website

Black Adders happen especially in first levels 1,2,3. You can just avoid them or kill them with help of bombers (yeh I do that lot of times). Also don't foget to use overpower when you can to beat large group of enemies. The idea of titan mode is to have something to challenge since normal levels in hard/ultra are easy to me. One of most challenges levels in titan is level 5, but it also have lots of bugs to fix. Believe or not you can pass all oni in Titan Mode (without dieing). Like in other mode/level.

Last edited by s10k (12/20/07 04:12)

#10 12/20/07 04:12

ItemfinderDeluxe

I just hate all the Black Adders because, especially in Level 3, every enemy on the first three floors of the lab seems to have one, and they all seem to have a huge number of ammo clips. So even with overpower, I still have 4 or 5 guys gunning me at close range, and whilst I respawn they kill all the scientists who give me stuff.

But that's just me...

#11 12/22/07 10:12

s10k
Website

In level 6 I`ve noticed in (in lobby 3rd floor) is some tctf troops which  panic all time. (Mayby it has to be that)
And on the same floor is room with stricker and tctf copmale (he have Plasma rifle) and he shooting to me.

Damm.. This should be fixed in this version. sad

I deleted a few extra guys, but seems that are some yet. This will be fixed in next release.

I just hate all the Black Adders because, especially in Level 3, every enemy on the first three floors of the lab seems to have one, and they all seem to have a huge number of ammo clips. So even with overpower, I still have 4 or 5 guys gunning me at close range, and whilst I respawn they kill all the scientists who give me stuff.

But that's just me...

You can always play titan-easy or titan-normal instead of titan-hard. You will see that is much easier. wink

Last edited by s10k (12/22/07 10:12)

#12 12/22/07 19:12

ItemfinderDeluxe

Yeah, but then that's too easy, if you know what I mean.  But seroiously, the biggest problem with Titan Mode is falling into the acid or oblivion and having to restart from the previous save point. This especially applies to Rooftops, where its just so easy to get knocked off a ledge if you don't DSK spam. Do you know of any way to cut the loop in that scenario, or would you have to build a seperate function just for that problem?

#13 12/23/07 06:12

Tantir

Arrg, I played ACC interrior. It`was horrible. Bugs: In the big room before shinatama, are 3 tankers and 3 strikers with black adder. When I kill one striker 3 oters strikers spawned, and when i kill second  striker with black adder more strikers shows up. With tanker is the same. So we have 24 enemies (usually 9-14 enemies at the same time) It`s almost imposible to win.
(sorry i complicate it. wink)
Next bug: When one robot fall into acid  others robots (2), die in the acid (but they don`t fall down).
And another: a34939ec94c28a80m.jpg[

#14 01/01/08 10:01

HappyCat

3 rd level. Game crashed on the second floor of lab, in a room without red clip. Buka version of the game.
And yes, Black Adders are real pain. ^^'' How about variant with the same number of enemies but lesser amount of ammo and/or weapons? ^^'

#15 01/01/08 15:01

s10k
Website

HappyCat wrote:

3 rd level. Game crashed on the second floor of lab, in a room without red clip. Buka version of the game.
And yes, Black Adders are real pain. ^^'' How about variant with the same number of enemies but lesser amount of ammo and/or weapons? ^^'

Don't know if will be any other version. just because it will give much work and it is almost impossible work with clone guys, so less weapons, ammo is not planned.

#16 01/01/08 15:01

geyser
Website

"it is almost impossible work with clone guys, so less weapons, ammo is not planned."
Indeed, you can't reset the inventory of clones, but you can clone unarmed guys more.
Once you've cloned them, you can use chr_set_class to vary the clones' appearance...

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#17 01/01/08 17:01

HappyCat

I see a point. Crash was a thing a actually worried about. Problem was "solved" by skipping this room.
By the way, a little cutscene bug. Level 4, last cutscene. Red strikers with rifles coming out of gate. There are six inside, but only two of them went out.

#18 01/03/08 13:01

Tantir

I`ve played 13 level and (9-12 too but I download old oni titan mod smile) and found big bug. A few character is cloned more than 3 times. especialy with character`s which are spawned when we go to the area.
Problem is in damocles (em, this is a room with shinatama, isn`t it?) on 3 floor whth tctf oficer who drops phase cloack. When I go to the room 10 times always TCTF oficers will be spawned, and other character too (trap guy)
In stairs between second and first floor TCTF copmale -they are spawned everytime when i come ( and they are unlimited source of hypos wink)
First blackops in atrium is cloned ony one time.
All guys in first floor of atrium  (tctf oficer, and big tctf oficer with plasma rifle;)) are spawned more then 3 times.
Doctor between atrium and lobby is spawned more then 3 times.
I didn`t play lobby yet. wink

I think if you use chr_set_class you shoudn`t make 3 the same characters. I think (with edition of coure) it will be nice to fight with red and  blue striker and one fury in warehouse  in place of tree yellow strikers. It means: characters shouldn`t be cloned. errr.

#19 01/03/08 13:01

s10k
Website

geyser wrote:

"it is almost impossible work with clone guys, so less weapons, ammo is not planned."
Indeed, you can't reset the inventory of clones, but you can clone unarmed guys more.
Once you've cloned them, you can use chr_set_class to vary the clones' appearance...

Yeh, but you will not can put them where you want. I mean, we can use chr_location but the id is not the same all time, so it will not work.

#20 01/03/08 20:01

ItemfinderDeluxe

Perhaps the only way to solve the over-spawning problem is to manually debug each of problem points...but that would take an eternity, and then some. You could try isolating the spawns into group functions, instead of individually forcing the spawns. I don't have any Titan Mode scripts on me, but I think that in various parts of the code, the forced spawns are catching on some other function (perhaps one that relies on the 'death' of the character)? I'm not too sure though.

#21 01/06/08 17:01

geyser
Website

"I don't have any Titan Mode scripts on me, but I think that in various parts of the code, the forced spawns are catching on some other function (perhaps one that relies on the 'death' of the character)? I'm not too sure though."
Yes, one should avoid spawning multiple instances of characters that trigger scripting events (a simple example is Barabas in Chapter 3).
If you do spawn many of those, the scripts they call up will interfere (unless you set up counters or just turn some of those functions off).

Script_10k wrote:
geyser wrote:

Yeh, but you will not can put them where you want. I mean, we can use chr_location but the id is not the same all time, so it will not work.

The ID is predictable, so you can totally relocate characters (you have to be systematic though). See Tantir's thread.

What I had in mind is simpler: if there's a Striker with a gun, there's always some Comguy without a gun not very far smile
So instead of spawning the Striker twice and the Comguy twice you can spawn the Striker once and the Comguy 3 times.
Then you can shapeshift one of the 3 Comguys into a Striker (or into Barabus, or into a Fury, or a Tanker or whatever).
You won't have to relocate that character, because he was already close to where you wanted. You just shapeshift him.

Last edited by geyser (01/06/08 17:01)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#22 01/07/08 14:01

s10k
Website

geyser wrote:

"I don't have any Titan Mode scripts on me, but I think that in various parts of the code, the forced spawns are catching on some other function (perhaps one that relies on the 'death' of the character)? I'm not too sure though."
Yes, one should avoid spawning multiple instances of characters that trigger scripting events (a simple example is Barabas in Chapter 3).
If you do spawn many of those, the scripts they call up will interfere (unless you set up counters or just turn some of those functions off).

Script_10k wrote:
geyser wrote:

The ID is predictable, so you can totally relocate characters (you have to be systematic though). See Tantir's thread.

What I had in mind is simpler: if there's a Striker with a gun, there's always some Comguy without a gun not very far smile
So instead of spawning the Striker twice and the Comguy twice you can spawn the Striker once and the Comguy 3 times.
Then you can shapeshift one of the 3 Comguys into a Striker (or into Barabus, or into a Fury, or a Tanker or whatever).
You won't have to relocate that character, because he was already close to where you wanted. You just shapeshift him.

Nice. Thanks for the tips. But if I use "shapeshift" I will also lose mac compability.

#23 01/07/08 14:01

geyser
Website

"But if I use "shapeshift" I will also lose mac compability."
That's correct. What you really should do is new BINA wink

#24 01/07/08 14:01

s10k
Website

Yeh, never looked at hex editing of oni. I should look in it someway.

#25 04/14/08 20:04

Barneyhater
Website

Im not sure if these glitches have been posted yet but:
1) In warehouse level, when i pick up hypos for the first time, i pick 3 up. I rush over to Chung's dead body, and shinatama wont shut up about hypos! After 5 or so repetitive speaking she shuts up and lets me report to Griffin ^_^
2) On the floor when i rescue the managers, there are 3 managers and 3 syndicate troops but only one of them is attacking (Im not even sure if the 1st one WAS attacking I just shot him with mercury bow) The last 2 syndicate troops just stood there saying "Scanning the area." 
I tried to hit one of them but nothing happened, its like I was hitting a wall, (a wall from the game not in real life) but when i shot him he died.

They're just minor glitches i just wanted to point them out smile

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

Board footer