Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/13/10 13:04

Satyr

Fanmade music, inspired by Oni

Recently, I finished Oni once again. And I realised, that the OST was actually very well done. Especially the pounding technobeats during fights. I downloaded the OST (naughty me), and it inspired me to make a track myself in that kind of music with the same feel, even though I normally really don't do techno. tongue 

Now, a few days later I have a first result and I called it Daodan Run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycd3EXwWcTc

I realise it is nothing compared to the official OST, but I thought it came out quite well, had the feeling I was hoping for.

Let me know what you guys think.  wink

-Satyr

#2 04/13/10 20:04

TheCreature

Re: Fanmade music, inspired by Oni

Pretty good.  I liked the beginning (everything until 0:42) more than the end.  I don't think the fade-out was a good choice for a fast song; I would've gone with a speed-up and ended with a single explosion-beat-type-thing (like in the bungie logo movie).

All in all: 7/10

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#3 04/14/10 05:04

Satyr

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. smile

Like I said, the music is totally different from the stuff I usually make.  smile

#4 04/20/10 17:04

Mukade

I'd have to agree with TheCreature, I liked the beginning better, but all in all, very good. If you told someone who didn't know, I'm sure they would believe that it was part of the original OST smile

Very in the spirit, looking forward to future works

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#5 04/22/10 13:04

Chamyky
Website

Yep, very nice. It fits well with the other Oni musics, I like it smile .

#6 04/27/10 01:04

Leus
Website

You've got a knack for the style, what kind of music do you usually make?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#7 04/29/10 14:04

Satyr

Leus wrote:

You've got a knack for the style, what kind of music do you usually make?

The music I normally make, varies greatly.. I mean, when it comes to 'electronic' music I mostly do goatrance/psytrance and industrial (including aggrotech/aggropop/ebm). I also play in a gothic-rock/metal band, where I do the compositions with the same program as well as guitar. Another thing I like is  (neo)'classical' music (use that a lot in the rock/metal-band as well) or ambient.

So yeah, I make whatever I feel like, really.  tongue 
But techno is one of the things I rarely do, because I normally don't have a lot of interest in the musical style (not as much as in goa, industrial, metal or classical music anyways... tongue). Maybe it's because I only know mainstream techno/electro, but I think it just sounds so... eas/simple compared to a lot of other music. But then again, I don't really know a lot about the genre. The Oni-soundtrack kicks ass though.  big_smile

Oh, and thanks for all the replies and constructive advice by the way. It's greatly appreciated. smile

#8 05/20/11 17:05

pencilkid
Website

i listened to it, and it's fantastic. it suits the game so well, with that recogniseable tune and all. lol if whoever who could actually go ahead and put that music within the game.. would be funky! tongue

#9 05/20/11 18:05

Yoriko

I can definetly see myself kicking arse to this!

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#10 05/20/11 18:05

Gumby

Ahh, I remember this. I used it as the background music for one of my Flatline videos. Good stuff. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#11 05/20/11 18:05

Lithium

Could fit against Mukade. Hey Gumby I pwned you in those Flatline matches tongue

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#12 05/20/11 18:05

brilliant

I enjoyed this very much! Thank you!

#13 05/22/11 11:05

DarkLitria
Website

souunds pretty cool! i like it big_smile

No BLOOD no foul.

#14 05/22/11 13:05

Yoriko

Mukade and Barabas could use their own kickass theme.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#15 05/22/11 20:05

Lithium

I think Chase fits good for Barabas, but Mukade I don't think had his own good fight theme. I always saw Pursuit as his theme.
Well this is how I see char themes (even if they aren't real lol)

Konoko - East Wind
Muro - Trailer
Barabas - Chase
Mukade - Pursuit
Kerr - Hurry
Griffin - Hunt
TCTF - Forgot, i'll add later
Synd - Fever
Shini - Violin song that plays when she's dying (loss I think was the name)

#16 05/24/11 15:05

Yoriko

oxe161 wrote:

Shini - Violin song that plays when she's dying (loss I think was the name)

That track is called farewell. As for the TCTF I think Whirled piece is fitting (the song that plays when Konoko is escaping the atmospheric process plant passing the giant fan with two swats chasing her)

Last edited by Yoriko (05/24/11 15:05)

#17 05/24/11 17:05

Lithium

Yeah it was Whirled Piece smile

That's just how I see the music in Oni

#18 08/24/11 04:08

Satyr

Hi guys! Been a while since I was here, and wow.. I'm really flattered by the comments! Thanks to all!

#19 08/24/11 12:08

Gumby

Are you going to make more Oni music anytime?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#20 08/24/11 15:08

Satyr

If you guys could use it, sure, I'll give it another go!

Can't say for certain that they'll be of equal quality, but yeah, I can try. smile

#21 08/24/11 17:08

Mukade

<--------- Wonders if it would be possible to remix Halo music to sound more techno/Oni - y for the lulz

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Board footer