Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/21/09 04:11

Samer
Website

Sketches anyone ^_^ ? need ur help

ok so I'm working on several new characters which I'm discussing on " the various new characters project" in the modifications section ...

I feel however that I'm lacking inspiration and that I'm running out of ideas, when I made Shinibot and Casey and the Agents  I had a clear idea of how I wanted them to look like ...

but for some of the new characters I'm not so sure about how they should like completely , or when it's coming to execution it isn't looking as I've hoped

In particular the Hydra  and the Mutated Konoko's

so I was wondering if someone would like to draw some sketches on how they think they should be like tongue

I won't say that I will definitely  use the sketches but I'm looking for some ideas and they might inspire me  ... I'm looking for colors and outfits .... I already have the general shape ... ( model - body)

so if anyone has a talent in drawing and sketching and a bit of fashion sense tongue feel free to contribute ... but also keep in mind this is Oni & it has to be doable .

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 11/21/09 05:11

Stevinlewis

Re: Sketches anyone ^_^ ? need ur help

hydra? Like the demon with 3 heads?

Last edited by Stevinlewis (11/21/09 05:11)

#3 11/21/09 05:11

Samer
Website

Samoko wrote:

ok so I'm working on several new characters which I'm discussing on " the various new characters project" in the modifications section ...

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1311&p=6
post 136  actually read the other posts too if u can

quoting Leus :
HYDRAS
    Contrary to the implication, a hydra only has one head.  She is a cyborg; her legs have been mechanically enhanced with hydraulic compression technology, giving her the ability to jump extremely high and deliver incredible damage with kick attacks.  She also has a partially electronic brain and sensory system, making her basically devoid of free will.

#4 11/21/09 08:11

TOCS

What about adding a character from Mortal Kombat, or Tekken? Now that could be interesting.

#5 11/21/09 21:11

EdT
Website

Maybe you can work on the Hammer.  In terms of contrast, why not go with white?

#6 05/03/11 13:05

DarkLitria
Website

hmmm well i done one sketch but erm.. i dunno if its right lol,  hydra is a cyborg right? i kinda made her a human XP
(dont wanna post it 8D; yet)

No BLOOD no foul.

#7 05/03/11 14:05

Leus
Website

Anything could lend inspiration, maybe your sketch won't be EXACTLY how she'll look, but...  I mean, if you ask me, that written concept up there is as flexible as any sketch.  The ideas can be combined into something even more awesome.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#8 05/03/11 15:05

DarkLitria
Website

hmm okay, i drew Hydra character in different style

this first one isn't much, its just like konoko's style of clothing hmm but i share it to u anyways... she has human figure in this one:

FluxBB bbcode test

the 2nd one i've done is cyborg figure useing the original design, just sketched mad lol: 

FluxBB bbcode test

tell me wat u think ^^

i think i got an idea for mutant konoko.

Last edited by DarkLitria (05/03/11 15:05)

No BLOOD no foul.

#9 05/03/11 15:05

Delano762
Website

I prefer first one. And I have to say, I just love sketches. Grey colour is awesum.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#10 05/03/11 15:05

DarkLitria
Website

hmmm didn't expect that XDD. i love sketches too :B
why do u  prefer the the first one? hmm

No BLOOD no foul.

#11 05/03/11 15:05

Delano762
Website

I think the second one looks more... erm... Plastic?

#12 05/03/11 15:05

DarkLitria
Website

lool okay XDD

No BLOOD no foul.

#13 05/03/11 15:05

Leus
Website

I like 'em both!  Maybe the final result can be somewhere between the two.  What do you think Samer?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#14 05/03/11 16:05

Lithium

First one seems more stylish, but the second one does seem more mechanical. Hmm I vote the first one, but it's up to the big man himself to decide :V

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#15 05/03/11 17:05

Samer
Website

1- You're really great at this DarkLitria smile !

2- I personally really like the second one more for this character ... the first one looks great too but doesn't stand out as a cyborg\humanoid.
seeing it as a sketch motivates me more to make it ^_^

what do u think the colors should be like ? i was thinking white and green. without the black i had in my first screenshot.
btw feel free to change as much as u want in the cyborg form u don't have to stick to my original screenshot.

looking forward to ur mutant konoko smile !

btw tongue i always wanted to make this female BGI boss character ... using the head from here : http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1160&p=2

i want her to have a formal short skirt \ suit type of outfit with a bgi batch,
and another fighting outfit for the lack of better words that looks like a dominatrix outfit tongue something like this http://www.johnlund.com/ArticleImages/A … natrix.jpg just more "battley"
that's kinda how i want her to look but i'm blurry on the details and final result ... so also if this inspires u to sketch anything then please do share !

for Leus this would be our Samoko character form the joint story big_smile

Last edited by Samer (05/03/11 17:05)

#16 05/03/11 17:05

Lithium

Hmm green would look good, I think having black legs and arms would look good with the hands, feet, pelvis, and torso being green with some detailing

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#17 05/03/11 21:05

TheCreature

I agree with Oxe, black and green is the way to go.  Personally, I like the first one (looks like grown-up Shini), but if you incorporated some more human features into the second one it'd look about as cool.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#18 05/04/11 10:05

Samer
Website

if she looks too human then she loses her unique attribute, she's supposed to be a cyborg... and from the technical point of view it would be me putting that head on konoko's body the final result won't be so unique ,, just a konoko with a different shaped head ... I'm not against the human design though, but maybe for another character, the bgi executive com girl, or a second outfit for shinatamabot.

also if u look at my screenshot from before it had black and green ... it's hard to add details to the black though, i was thinking there should be metallic parts and armor which won't show if it's black.

Last edited by Samer (05/04/11 10:05)

#19 05/04/11 11:05

DarkLitria
Website

hmm i was thinking black and green too, but since Sam said its hard to show details off the black ,how about gray instead?

p.s i've done a sketch for BGI boss. just taking long to upload on photobucket..

Last edited by DarkLitria (05/04/11 11:05)

No BLOOD no foul.

#20 05/04/11 11:05

DarkLitria
Website

double posted FluxBB bbcode test

female BGI boss:

FluxBB bbcode test

i like raped the pic with the contrast

btw i am still working on that mut Konoko XP.

Last edited by DarkLitria (05/04/11 11:05)

No BLOOD no foul.

#21 05/04/11 11:05

Delano762
Website

HOLEY DOOLEY! Requesting model of that ftw!

#22 05/04/11 12:05

DarkLitria
Website

heres the draft coloured version of Hydra, are u sure u dont want black instead of grey? because i thin black give it dark looking XP

FluxBB bbcode test

No BLOOD no foul.

#23 05/04/11 12:05

Delano762
Website

DarkLitria wrote:

heres the draft coloured version of Hydra, are u sure u dont want black instead of grey? because i thin black give it dark looking XP

Well give that black one a shot too. Your artworks are always (ok I didn't like that trouserless Muro, that was idiotic tongue) interesting.

#24 05/04/11 12:05

TheCreature

*Drools @ bgi boss*  I want one.

The hydra looks good in color, but I still say the black would look better.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#25 05/04/11 13:05

Samer
Website

bgi boss looks hot, but i can't decide if it's the formal suit or the battling one ? it has a little bit of both which is great big_smile ! what do u think of colors ? black leather with shiny effect, or hot red with shiny effect tongue ?
in the bgi story we always referred to her as lady in red but black would make her fit more with the bgi agents i made.
i hope i will be able to make the skirt with my 3d modeling skills that's gonna be the tough part for me i usually just modify existing parts :\ if i'm unable to make a skirt i'll have to substitute with leggings. 

i like the hydra coloring a lot, now that i think of it i could use a very dark grey, which will still allow me to add some details and appear close to black.

Last edited by Samer (05/04/11 13:05)

Board footer