Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/18/10 19:04

Paff
Website

"combo" videos?

EDIT: Wow, I completely missed the "movies" thread. Sorry if the answers to my questions are already there. I'm going to read that entire thread now.

Hi. I've been a fan of Oni for years, but haven't made my way to the forums until now.

I'm also into Super Smash Bros. Melee, and enjoy Melee's "combo" videos (examples: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133 ). It's fun to see what techniques other players have come up with, et cetera.

Oni seems like it would be a perfect platform for combo videos, but in my searching I've only ever found one - Oni Fighting School, at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXgjyY7wxv0 .

I'm wondering if that's it, or if there are others out there somewhere, and I just haven't stumbled upon them yet. Does anyone know? If there aren't any others, there's definitely a ton of potential for more.

Last edited by Paff (04/18/10 21:04)

#2 04/19/10 00:04

TOCS

Re: "combo" videos?

Welcome to the forums, it's nice to see that you found us! smile

Now I haven't seen any Oni videos on YouTube for a long time. Actually I think that video is the only one of its kind, at the moment. It seems that the first release of AE caused people not to do videos as often, but that's just my point of view.

I haven't found anything, maybe some of the others can help you. Good luck with your search! wink

#3 04/19/10 02:04

Paff
Website

Thanks for the welcome. :)

In the "movies" thread, I did find one more true combo video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbn_gn0aVI ), and a few similar videos (parkour, etc), but not very many. Although I still need to look further into the Oni YouTube group.

What exactly is AE? ("Anniversary Edition", right?) As I understand it, it's a mod of some sort, but of what sort?

#4 04/19/10 08:04

TOCS

The Anniversary Edition is a must have for any Oni fan. It is mainly used for people who wants to create their own mods. It's basicly made alot easier with the edition. The default package you download includes alot clever AI, unlocked moves, new characters etc. I highly suggest you to take a look, it's diffinitely worth it. wink

#5 04/19/10 13:04

Chamyky
Website

TOCS wrote:

It is mainly used for people who wants to create their own mods

And used by people who want to play the said mods.

Welcome Paff smile .

#6 04/19/10 22:04

Paff
Website

Thanks for the AE info. I'll mess around with it tonight probably.

Also, a friend of mine who's into speedrunning for various games found some on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/NMS127 is a channel that has some really impressive ones, to me anyway.

#7 04/20/10 17:04

Mukade

granted that trun throug is impressive, but I just don't see the fun in that sad

But yeah, welcome to the forums, and I may seriously consider building a combo video, seems like an intriguing idea, and I could have some fun with that big_smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#8 04/20/10 21:04

Paff
Website

Mukade, if you make one, I'd be very interested in seeing it. smile

Also, I installed AE yesterday and gave it a try today. The improved AI is great.

Last edited by Paff (04/20/10 22:04)

#9 04/20/10 22:04

Mukade

Hmm, I'm having trouble with fraps, when I start recording, I get a greatly reduced frame rate, it goes from 60 to 10 or less... I may try running in windowed mode instead of fullscreen, which might help, tommorow. However, if someone has any other ideas, feel free to tell me smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Board footer