Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/10/19 05:12

gummi

Messed up animation exports with Vago GUI

Hello, I have been trying to use the Vago GUI (which is a very wonderful tool btw so thank you to the people who developed it) to extract character models with animations to dae format to edit them in a 3D program. And although I have been able to do that somewhat by converting TRAM files together with ONCC files, I don't think the results are as they should be. For starters, I often get errors saying some files are missing, for example:

missing-errors.png

And when I import the converted dae file in Blender, the animation looks as if the character has broken every bone in his/her body and is contorted in some horribly painful pose:

creepykonoko.png

Am I missing a step to extract the character models with correct looking animations?

#2 12/10/19 08:12

Iritscen

Re: Messed up animation exports with Vago GUI

Welcome!  The "cannot find instance" errors are normal — those are missing animations in the game data that we always get warned about.  As for what's wrong with the ripped animation, we've found that Blender really does not like the DAEs that OniSplit produces.  They will play correctly in some other programs; some modders have used XSI, for example: https://wiki.oni2.net/Mod_Tool .  If you convert the DAE to FBX after exporting it from Oni, it should also play correctly in Blender, though apparently it disrupts the texturing somehow.  You might also find some useful information here: https://wiki.oni2.net/Importing_character_models

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 12/11/19 05:12

gummi

Thank you for the quick reply! As you said: Even though Blender doesn't seem to display the animations correctly, when I opened the DAE file I exported with Vago in an old version of Softimage XSI Mod Tool (v6.01) it works fine:

xsimodtool.png

I exported the 3D model and although I had to reassign the textures (did that in a different program) they really aren't messed up at all and it looks fine now. Thank you again for your pointers!

konoko.png

#4 12/11/19 08:12

Iritscen

Cool, I'm glad you were able to get it working!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer