Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/01/17 21:09

tuqqer

How do you kill Barabas?

First time I've played Oni in over a decade! And I'm stuck at the Barabas scene on the top of the roof (after the helicopter flies away). I've bashed him well over 75 times, shot him with 8 laser hits, and even about 10 of his own giant gun. But he's not dying, and I'm pretty bored with that level. As I recall, none of the cheats work until I complete the game one time all the way through.

Any tips on killing Barabas?

(also, how do I turn on the cheats. I totally forget)

#2 09/01/17 22:09

Iritscen

Re: How do you kill Barabas?

Cheats are actually already unlocked these days (by the Daodan DLL in Windows and in the Intel builds on Mac).  See the "Cheats" article on OniGalore for instructions and options.

It seems like Barabas should be taking damage from that many melee attacks even if his boss shield is protecting him from weapons fire.  Are the hit flashes going yellow/red as you do more damage to him?  Is he using his regeneration?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 09/02/17 07:09

SomeGuy

Make sure that the guy isn't regenerating after you get him low. You can see your progress by looking for "puffs of smoke" coming out of him when you're beating him. If he's orange or darker than that he'll look for chances to regenerate and it won't matter at what rate you're doing damage to him them.

#4 09/02/17 09:09

Scarlett

My advice: get a mercury bow and a lot of ammo then keep shooting Barabas with it. It is safe and easy if you dont want to go through all the hand to hand combat

#5 09/02/17 14:09

tuqqer

Perfect, thanks all. I just did superammo and blasted him to move to the next level. appreciate these tips.

#6 01/15/18 13:01

Nobody

totally late but what you are saying sounds kind of weird, I've always taken down Barabas in h2h, it's pretty easy to get behind him and spam sledgehammer kick for the kill, but in any case he goes down well and quick in h2h, if you had any mods enabled, what were they?

#7 10/03/19 21:10

kiakrogabalma

So, I followed the directions (I think...) and downloaded the installer. Got asked for my retail folder (I did have an honest copy...17 years ago.) So, I created an empty GameSaveData folder. It worked! And then it crashes right after startup. I have no idea how to make this work. I've been working on this for hours, please advise.

#8 10/04/19 07:10

Iritscen

Sorry, the Anniversary Edition does require a full retail version of Oni.  Oni is quitting/crashing at startup because it isn't finding the game data it needs.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer