Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/18/17 19:03

Scarlett

My recently issues with devmode

I'm not really sure where this should go though but I am having an issue with using dev mode lately. Firstly, whenever I type a command that should print something onscreen like a dprint command or a command to print where nearby character coords, no text will appear on screen. because of this, no text will appear on screen with devmode, with the exception of subtitles. Another thing is that, sometimes when I use boss shield on myself or a character and we are hit by some weapons like the scram cannon, I would die instantly. These things never happened before. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

#2 03/18/17 19:03

Iritscen

Re: My recently issues with devmode

As far as Dev Mode output, could it be that you changed the resolution you're running the game in?  I haven't heard of anything else disabling output besides the screen settings.

It's hard to even make a guess at the second issue, but maybe you have something installed that is messing with particles.  I don't know if all your modding is properly contained in packages, but if not, you should probably start over with a new AE installation.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 03/18/17 20:03

Scarlett

Oh yea I changed the screen resolution once when I installed the mod for the new menu texture. I didnt know that could affect the output. I will give it a try and see if changing it back will bring it back to the way it was before.

As for the second issue I will just disable some mods to see what is causing the problem

#4 10/22/17 12:10

dosmer

If it's only the screen resolution, the text will still work - you just can't see the box because it's outside the screen.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Board footer