Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/06/13 17:08

araceliX

Spawning characters on Dev mode?

I finally got Developer mode to work in Oni and I was trying out some of the commands and I was wondering if it's possible to spawn any character in the level by just using Developer Mode? I put ai2_spawn and the name of the character but it didn't work for me sad
I also noticed something strange with Dev mode but maybe someone found this out already but I was playing Airport Assault but there's suppose to be 2 strikers that spawn in the beginning of the level. One beats up the civilian and the other goes after Konoko. When I used the command ai2_spawnall then there were 2 more strikers that spawn behind Konoko and they drop lots of hypos and I was wondering why Bungie did that for? (?_?)

#2 08/06/13 21:08

EdT
Website

Re: Spawning characters on Dev mode?

If you installed Anniversary Edition, you would be able to spawn any character in a level.  Otherwise, you can only spawn the characters that were in the level.  Here is a list of the characters in each level: http://ssg.oni2.net/subfold/charas/charas.htm

The 2 Strikers you spawned are called kd_1 and kd_2, but they are not used in the level's gameplay, perhaps at some point they were included.

#3 08/07/13 08:08

Iritscen

Hardy talked about the purpose of hidden enemies that drop lots of loot here:

http://carnage.bungie.org/oniforum/oni. … read=19078

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 08/07/13 08:08

s10k
Website

I was wondering if it's possible to spawn any character in the level by just using Developer Mode? I put ai2_spawn and the name of the character but it didn't work for me

You need to teleport them to a place near you, otherwise they will spawn at their default location.

You can try teleport with: chr_teleport char flagid
example:
chr_teleport 0 0
chr_teleport kd_1 0

#5 08/12/13 12:08

araceliX

Thanks everyone. I was just trying to learn how to spawn the characters and I just thought it was strange that Bungie would spawn people that drop a lot of goodies yet take them out of the game. I noticed that TCTF guy in level 9 and he had crazy health. It took 3 backbreakers to kill him yikes  I even noticed that Zombie Shinatama was spawned at savepoint 2 in level 13 and Barabas was spawned in some random room with a civilian in level 2 yikes I still don't know why they would do that.

#6 08/12/13 16:08

Iritscen

When you see characters in tiny "random" rooms, there's a good chance that those rooms are used in cutscenes.  For instance, when the decision is made in ACC Interior to detonate Shinatama, we see Griffin and others talking in a room.  That room has to exist somewhere within the same level, so Bungie just drops it any random place that the player is not likely to come across (without using Dev Mode).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer