Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/02/12 10:07

MarlonArt

Kick Start

Has anyone ever thought of starting a Kickstarter page for a possible Oni 2? It's a relatively new site and concept but in it's short lifetime, I've seen Kickstarter.com successfully revive some other older game franchises. Maybe this project can convince Take Two to do something with the Oni rights. Any thoughts?

#2 07/02/12 10:07

Reaperette
Website

Re: Kick Start

Never heared of that concept. What has been revived so far?

#3 07/02/12 12:07

Gumby

Kickstarter is not something to use for an online petition. Kickstarter uses actual money. The people reviving old franchises are people who own the rights to said franchises. The only way I could see it working is if you managed to raise something on the order of hundreds of thousands of dollars, then attempt to buy\license the IP off of Take2, then hope you still have money left over to pay the people who are developing the project. And hope T2 doesn't reject your offer, leaving you sitting on a pile of money you don't have any right to have.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 07/02/12 13:07

MarlonArt

That's what I figured. In looking at the revived franchises I noticed that it was the owners of those franchises that were raising the money, like for Leisure Suit Larry. What sparked the idea was looking on Kickstarter for a game comparable to Oni. The only thing that I found that even came close was this game called Blade Symphony, which was a weapon melee combat. Like Soul Calibur with a 3rd person chase cam. I'd be cool if we could gather some talent to make a proof-of-concept demo with our own IP.

Board footer