Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/20/07 11:09

TDJ

Horrors of the MAC OS X patch.

Hello.

So i bought this new computer recently, and i wanted as many games on it as possible - I had Oni, and i knew there was a OS X patch, so i decided to give this a go. It is an intell mac btw.

I found the MacOSXfix thingey. Downloaded it. At this point the oni folder was on my desktop and so was the OSXfix oni version.

I click on it. It runs. I'm happy.

To clean up my desktop, i move the whole thing to applications. I put the OSX-Oni in my dock and in the Oni folder.
But then something bothered me - the name was OniOSXfix, and i thought i could just rename it for the heck of it.

Then i decided to run it again.

That's when all went wrong. It began screaming for 'please select retail installation', which I didn't understand, not a single Oni related file was clickable. Also , deleting the oni folder+OSXfix didn't work, new OSXfix downloads and new Oni folders didn't work.

Last edited by TDJ (09/20/07 11:09)

#2 09/20/07 15:09

EdT
Website

Re: Horrors of the MAC OS X patch.

TDJ:  When OniOSXfix asks for the retail installation, you need to go to the Oni Folder and select the original Oni.  Now if you rename OniOSXfix to Oni, you will get a conflict with the original version.  Its best to keep the OSX version in the Oni Folder.

Note: I have several versions of the Oni application in my Oni folder with different names and they work fine.

#3 09/20/07 15:09

TDJ

Re: Horrors of the MAC OS X patch.

While i was in the progress of making a frustrated 'How the fuck am i supposed to click on it if it's grayed out' screenshot, i think i must've pressed SOMETHING which allows it to run now.

Odd.

Weird.

Thanks though smile

Board footer