Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 02/04/12 19:02

Striker

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

kyletm57 wrote:

Hey Striker, do you think you could edit post #57 so Jin doesn't say "Motherfucker"? I've been avoiding using language with him to add to his character, as he is supposed to be a young, intelligent however naive detective. It would be much appreciated

I apologize, it has been fixed.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#77 02/04/12 21:02

Striker

To Certified:
Hey Certified, just so you know, you can't do any action when you have a single AP left (when a character has 0 or less AP, they are unconsious, so unless you can crash the vehicle or something, it's not allowed). You must wait for your AP to recharge.

Double posted to make sure Certified and others see this.

Sorry, characters are ALLOWED to perform actions with 1 AP, but if it goes below 0, they fall unconscious. I apologize if I caused any confusion.

Last edited by Striker (02/05/12 21:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#78 02/05/12 19:02

Valkyrur

Creature, you should start giving me some suggestions for what kind of guns you want to see. My ideas are running out atm.

Oh and, no, I'm probably not going to try to make heavy weapons like the superball gun or the scramble launcher.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#79 02/05/12 20:02

TheCreature

Hmm... we need more energy weapons.  We've got lots of rifles and SMG's, but we really need some of those odd-looking energy weapons.  I'll take a look and see if I can come up with some Heavy Weapons.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#80 02/05/12 20:02

Valkyrur

TheCreature wrote:

Hmm... we need more energy weapons.  We've got lots of rifles and SMG's, but we really need some of those odd-looking energy weapons.  I'll take a look and see if I can come up with some Heavy Weapons.

Yeah, I'll start doing more energy weapons now.

#81 02/05/12 22:02

Mukade

zomgomgomg! I wish I hadn't stayed away for so long and had to find out about this over Facebook! Getting over to the character creation NOWWWWWWWWWWW
Serves me right for going inactive T_T

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#82 02/05/12 22:02

Striker

Mukade wrote:

zomgomgomg! I wish I hadn't stayed away for so long and had to find out about this over Facebook! Getting over to the character creation NOWWWWWWWWWWW
Serves me right for going inactive T_T

Glad to know you will be joining us! Make sure you know the rules and the story so far. Read the other posts and you should be fine. big_smile

#83 02/05/12 22:02

Valkyrur

IMO, we need Syndie people.

TCTF and it's allies are oversaturated ATM.

#84 02/06/12 00:02

Mukade

Going Neutral to begin with, Chaotic Neutral behaviour type, so probably tending towards Syndicate later on but that can obviously be changed.

Quick question on Heromachine. How do I get his picture on here? I tried exporting, but my computer doesn't even know the file type, so I can't really upload it to photobucket or anything.

EDIT: Caught up on the story so far, I have a couple questions/concerns.

First off, I noticed near the end a couple of combats lost by one character were immediately ended by the NPC somehow getting killed during the fight. I can understand why Jan had to kill Lucifer there, there was no way he could have lived otherwise. But in the case of Vince puttting a shotgun round into people's heads, shouldn't the GM roll a second time, to decide the battle between any other characters present, instead of having them automatically win?

And another thing, I know you've already put up a description of what the Daodan chrysalis is and what it does, but I would greatly appreciate it if we could include an actual, physical description of the chrysalis, and maybe some details about how it's implanted. I've always pictures it as being roughly spherical, with some tendrils sticking out, about the size of the nail on your little finger, maybe bigger. And in the game, they distinctly make references to the chrysalis being singular (so, not a bunch of microscopic organisms injected with a fluid), and implanted, which suggests surgery, as opposed to daodan put into hypo injectors, which I think was mentionned in one of the latest posts. If someone could clarify a bit more on this, it would be great.

I'll start posting tomorrow since it's getting late here, and I don't have time. I have something in mind, however it won't link up with the story directly, but I'll give details about my characters location, occupation and general situation which should be enough for a GM to get me a kickstart in the direction of the main plot.

Last edited by Mukade (02/06/12 02:02)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#85 02/06/12 08:02

Striker

Mukade wrote:

Going Neutral to begin with, Chaotic Neutral behaviour type, so probably tending towards Syndicate later on but that can obviously be changed.

Quick question on Heromachine. How do I get his picture on here? I tried exporting, but my computer doesn't even know the file type, so I can't really upload it to photobucket or anything.

EDIT: Caught up on the story so far, I have a couple questions/concerns.

First off, I noticed near the end a couple of combats lost by one character were immediately ended by the NPC somehow getting killed during the fight. I can understand why Jan had to kill Lucifer there, there was no way he could have lived otherwise. But in the case of Vince puttting a shotgun round into people's heads, shouldn't the GM roll a second time, to decide the battle between any other characters present, instead of having them automatically win?

And another thing, I know you've already put up a description of what the Daodan chrysalis is and what it does, but I would greatly appreciate it if we could include an actual, physical description of the chrysalis, and maybe some details about how it's implanted. I've always pictures it as being roughly spherical, with some tendrils sticking out, about the size of the nail on your little finger, maybe bigger. And in the game, they distinctly make references to the chrysalis being singular (so, not a bunch of microscopic organisms injected with a fluid), and implanted, which suggests surgery, as opposed to daodan put into hypo injectors, which I think was mentionned in one of the latest posts. If someone could clarify a bit more on this, it would be great.

I'll start posting tomorrow since it's getting late here, and I don't have time. I have something in mind, however it won't link up with the story directly, but I'll give details about my characters location, occupation and general situation which should be enough for a GM to get me a kickstart in the direction of the main plot.

I'm very excited to hear about your character! But before, I will address the issues you have brought up.  Heromachine isn't required, but encouraged, so you don't really have to do it if your character isn't as 'masculine' as TheCreature's character. You could just rip off some image online and use it, but make sure it describes your character well.

Concerning the combat: TheCreature and I (as GMs) decided that it would be best to kill off the attacker after the battle(Lucifer isn't dead). There are reasons as to why we did this; Bozzman is busy with school so he would not be able to attend a fight, thus, we decided to exclude him and just have his character kill off the bad guy. Another reason is that the character they were battling (some Syndicate officer) was not an important character, so he is not needed there. We also try to keep the fighting down a bit, we don't want to have a fight every other post.

Concerning the daodan chrysalis: Daodan Chrysalis could be implanted and/or injected through a syringe. We are assuming it is an opaque/translucent liquid which can be made in a variety of colours (which would be the daodan glow of the symbiote of that chrysalis). The glow colour of the 'overpower' effect of Daodan reflects on the symbiote's personality (If they're evil it would be red, for example). Direct DNA implants (via large DNA-splicing bullshit machine thing) are costly but are more effective. If the chrysalis/daodan has no glow, then it is weak and can only provide slow cell repair, but cause minor/major side effects.

I hope that helped, can't wait to see you on the other side!

Last edited by Striker (02/06/12 11:02)

#86 02/06/12 10:02

Lukas Kreator

I think the Daodan glow color should be actually related to the person's personality... Just an idea.

#87 02/06/12 15:02

Mukade

I'm opposed to the idea of having Chrysalis as a liquid, it just doesn't add up imo. But for the sake of the story, I can go along with it. Who knows, maybe they managed to synthisize the Chrysalis' effect into a liquid form. However, I don't think it's possible to have a biological organism as a liquid, so it has to be something along those lines...

And about hero creator, I've already done it, so it would be nice to be able to post it tongue

#88 02/06/12 15:02

Striker

Mukade wrote:

I'm opposed to the idea of having Chrysalis as a liquid, it just doesn't add up imo. But for the sake of the story, I can go along with it. Who knows, maybe they managed to synthisize the Chrysalis' effect into a liquid form. However, I don't think it's possible to have a biological organism as a liquid, so it has to be something along those lines...

And about hero creator, I've already done it, so it would be nice to be able to post it tongue

If you wish to post your character's image, you could just edit your character post and add the image in there.

As for the chrysalis, it is very much possible to inject viruses and such (influenza shot, etcetera), so why not chrysalis? Chrysalis is similar to a virus (as in the entity isn't alive), but unlike most viruses, it can provide strong beneficial effects (such as ability for the symbiote's lungs to filter pollution and regrow/repair dead/damaged cells). Its colour really depends on the way of production and its concentration. Colourless chrysalis is poor quality; bright, opaque, coloured liquid most likely very good. However, it is possible to create extremely potent chrysalis (super chrysalis) which can be solid, but can be extremely expensive and experimental (a solid chrysalis crystal the size of a peanut could cost around $500,000 - $750,000). It acts similar to HIV when it enter the body - targets helper T-cells, adds its genome to the cells faster than the immune system can respond. When inside, it spreads into almost all cells inside the body. Chrysalis can only spread via genetics (children of symbiotes can also be born with chrysalis).

On another note: Your character should join the Syndicate.

Last edited by Striker (02/06/12 15:02)

#89 02/06/12 15:02

Lukas Kreator

I think Mukade means he can't post the image because of technical reasons.
What format is the file? Right click -> Properties -> Look at the file type field.

#90 02/06/12 15:02

Mukade

I'm going to post my first post soon, and then wait for a GM to post something to link me to the story, and if you want, you could steer me in that direction (You'll see, I'm making it pretty easy for you to do that smile )
As for the image, I'm not sure you completely understand. I know how to post images, but the file format I get when I export from hero creator is not recognized by my computer, or photobucket. So I can't uplaod it to put the image in my post. I know TC managed to get his, I just don't know how :-/

As for Chrysalis, a virus makes sense, but like I said, in the game, whenever they talked about it, they always referred to it as a single entity, and not many. My theory was always that they implanted it perhaps near the heart, and it secreted some sort of chemical the spread through your body. I could link my theory with yours in saying that they managed to synthesize that chemical secretion for direct injection. Anyways, you're the GM, so I suppose in this story it's your decision smile Although, it also might be something to discuss on a different thread, I'd like to hear what other people think, since I don't think that's ever really been clearly defined. One of the senior members might know smile

EDIT:
@Lukas, when I right click on it, it doesn't even tell me the format, just says File. I actually think I can open it in paint, so what I might do, come to think of it, is open it there, and then re-save it, which should give me a correct format.

Last edited by Mukade (02/06/12 15:02)

#91 02/06/12 16:02

Lukas Kreator

Either rename the file to "something.bmp" or do what you said.

#92 02/06/12 16:02

TheCreature

Hmm... if you've gone to the "export" button on Heromachine, it should save as either a PNG or JPG.  You might try to export it again, just in case your download got interrupted or something.

Or, you could take a screenshot of your character and crop it to look nice.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#93 02/06/12 16:02

Mukade

Good suggestions. Yeah, I dunno, I tried all the different formats, but it just seemed to not like me sad

Also, posting my first post in a few seconds, it's a bit lengthy, but I figured I'd get off to a good start. Plus if you're anything like me, I know most of you won't mind reading a good bit of fiction smile

#94 02/06/12 16:02

Striker

Mukade wrote:

Also, posting my first post in a few seconds, it's a bit lengthy, but I figured I'd get off to a good start. Plus if you're anything like me, I know most of you won't mind reading a good bit of fiction smile

disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Last edited by Striker (02/06/12 16:02)

#95 02/06/12 16:02

Mukade

I actually shortened it a bit. There was some stuff that I thought I could probably save for later posts, that expand on character a bit.
I lol'd for awhile at the very well timed meme big_smile

#96 02/06/12 16:02

TheCreature

Hey, I like the length.  Perfect for an introductory story.

#97 02/06/12 16:02

Mukade

Yeah, that's what I thought. My other posts should be shorter as I get more story-oriented, but hopefully they'll be just as good if not better. Maybe just more concise.

#98 02/06/12 16:02

Valkyrur

Goddamn, I've never seen the forum this active!

#99 02/06/12 16:02

Striker

Great introduction; quality post.
+1 awesome points to you, Mukade.

I have a question regarding the WCG (World Coalition Government): From my understanding the Syndicate does not support the WCG/the other way around. Am I correct?

Last edited by Striker (02/06/12 16:02)

#100 02/06/12 17:02

Mukade

WCG is the World Coalition Government, the Syndicate is a crime organisation. While I suppose any major crime organisation has some sort of foothold in the local government, and in this case, maybe more than local, they aren't affiliated. Also, you'll notice at the end I mentionned not only TCTF, but also Police and Military. I want to make sure people understand that the TCTF is a special division, I think independant of both the military and standard police force, with a specific purpose, as is suggested by the name.

Also, I manged to export my character, and will update my page in a sec. I think hero creator doesn't like Firefox cause I used IE to do it this time.

Board footer