Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 12/27/10 23:12

TheCreature

Re: Something bugging me...

@Mukade:  Great, now I'm gonna have that idea in my head until I write it.  Guess I'd better get to work.

@Iritscen:  Huh.  Didn't remember that console.  And I did overlook the Chrysalis slow-down.  Thanks for the correction.

Kerr said that the Syndicate "Raided the lab" and "Captured" Hasegawa.  That seems to indicate that they used force, and Hasegawa fought back.  I'd guess they at least knocked him unconscious with the butt of a gun.

Also, Hasegawa didn't want to implant Muro's chrysalis.  I doubt the Syndicate leaders took no for an answer.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#27 12/28/10 09:12

adorage

Mukade wrote:

Back to a couple posts before discussing Muro's takeover of Syndicate forces. While it's true he didn't need to have the physical strength to take them down (or maybe he did, it's possible his crysalis development gave him increased abilities. But either way, with such a big crime organisation, it's more of a "political" battle, a power struggle. If Muro was able to convince enough people to join him, to take down the other bosses and assume control, he wouldn't need physical strength, probably just lots of charisma. I believe he has this, just because of his undertaking in such a monumental project, obviously he was a visionary. As Irit said, probably far fetched, but a child captured at such a young age would be forced to grow up quite fast, not to mention what he must have witnessed them do to his father. A child like that would probably be extremely scarred.

That is true, but also the Chrysalis development needs the body to be harmed to it can grow and replace the original organs. So Muro reaching Imago state means he must have been physically harmed a lot and since as boss of the Syndicate he probably wouldn't fight in missions, he must have fought a lot in other situations.

Though I wouldn't put it past Muro to jump into a few biomatter disposal vats just to grow his chrysalis wink

Last edited by adorage (12/28/10 18:12)

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#28 12/28/10 14:12

Lithium

Hmm i think he was abused by the older syndicate and well treated like trash. Maybe that's why it grew faster as Adorage said. And i think that's what led to his cold attitude, especially at the end of the game with Konoko and Griffin. That voice just got really dark

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#29 12/30/10 01:12

Mukade

adorage wrote:
Mukade wrote:

Back to a couple posts before discussing Muro's takeover of Syndicate forces. While it's true he didn't need to have the physical strength to take them down (or maybe he did, it's possible his crysalis development gave him increased abilities. But either way, with such a big crime organisation, it's more of a "political" battle, a power struggle. If Muro was able to convince enough people to join him, to take down the other bosses and assume control, he wouldn't need physical strength, probably just lots of charisma. I believe he has this, just because of his undertaking in such a monumental project, obviously he was a visionary. As Irit said, probably far fetched, but a child captured at such a young age would be forced to grow up quite fast, not to mention what he must have witnessed them do to his father. A child like that would probably be extremely scarred.

That is true, but also the Chrysalis development needs the body to be harmed to it can grow and replace the original organs. So Muro reaching Imago state means he must have been physically harmed a lot and since as boss of the Syndicate he probably wouldn't fight in missions, he must have fought a lot in other situations.

Though I wouldn't put it past Muro to jump into a few biomatter disposal vats just to grow his chrysalis wink

Not necessarily, the body degrades overtime naturally, as it is, through various disease and such. While getting injured may speed the process up significantly, we could probably assume that the chrysalis continues to take over the host gradually. As we see in a few consoles, the TCTF actually had to slow Mai's chrysalis' progress down. We know that before the warehouse, she had never actually been on any field missions, and therefore, cannot have sustained any significant damage, and yet still maintained steady growth.

@Irit Well we can only speculate, but I doubt they gave him tea and dumplings, and even more doubtful he helped them willingly, not at first anyways, although they probably captured Muro as leverage to use against him in the first place. But either way, he could not have been well treated

Last edited by Mukade (12/30/10 01:12)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#30 12/31/10 09:12

GaldrofHerons

I've certainly missed a lot. o_o
~Galdr

I feel as though I am eating a sandwich.

#31 12/31/10 18:12

TheCreature

Yes.  Yes you have.  So, how do like what became of your simple little question?

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#32 01/02/11 08:01

GaldrofHerons

I think it's time for a new one big_smile But I don't know what to ask now...
~Galdr

#33 01/27/11 18:01

GaldrofHerons

OH! Now I have another one. If Oni takes place in 2032, and Konoko's maybe 21 or 22, wouldn't she be born this year?

#34 01/27/11 20:01

TheCreature

Iritscen wrote:

Just to see how things could work out, here's the kind of timeline I imagine: Muro is born in 2009 and Konoko in 2013.  They are split up by the Syndicate in 2017 when they're 8 and 4 years old.  Konoko has the Daodan implanted in her in 2020 and Muro's is already in him by then.  Muro starts working his way into the Syndicate and takes over by 2024 when he's 15.  That might seem far-fetched, but there have been real-life leaders in their teens (Jeanne Darc, Souji Okita (Edit: Oh, Souji was in his 20s by the time he was leading men, oops...)) and they didn't even have superhuman powers.  When the events of the game happen in 2032, that would make Muro 23 and Konoko 19.

This makes the most sense right now.  BTW, Irit, do we have a "Canon/non-canon" thread?  if not, can we get one?

#35 01/27/11 20:01

Lithium

Oh Irit, why not Gumby? tongue

Hmm what exactly do you mean by Canon/non-canon? I'm Confused sad
One be the actual Story, other be something along the lines of Fan Fiction which would fit in creative minds?

#36 01/27/11 23:01

Mukade

GaldrofHerons wrote:

OH! Now I have another one. If Oni takes place in 2032, and Konoko's maybe 21 or 22, wouldn't she be born this year?

I thought we were just assuming it takes place then :-/ It seems like it would be a bit farther than that

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#37 01/27/11 23:01

Dirk Gently
Website

This, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_Part_II, was supposed to happen in 2015. I am not sure if we will have flying cars and infinite fuel in 4 years tongue

Last edited by Dirk Gently (01/27/11 23:01)

#38 01/28/11 00:01

Lithium

If we don't i'm killing some people
Future better be like that D:<

#39 01/28/11 07:01

Iritscen

Oni's manual starts by saying that the year is 2032.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#40 01/28/11 17:01

TheCreature

@Oxe:
Canon/non-canon doesn't separate fan fiction from original story.  It's closer to separating the "official" story from the non-official.

Take Star Wars for example.  Six movies, right?  And hundreds of "Fan Fiction" stories surrounding the movies.  However, there are several of those stories that can't exist in the same universe.  So the ones that fit the universe best are declared "canon" and become part of the "official" story.

(The following are just examples.  I'm not trying to say that any of these characters are better than the others.)
In our case, Casey is "Canon", as is Kojiro.  However, the Violet Fury, Grey Fury, and Motoko are less so.  Or, alternately, the Joint Story is Canon, while my story, Holocaust, is not, because they can't exist together.

Make sense?

#41 01/28/11 23:01

Mukade

I've read most of the Star Wars books (Before and after movies) And I haven't seen any that can't exist together. Although if you're talking about non-published works like forum stories then yes.

Like I'm pretty sure there were a bunch of flaws in our joint story. I want to go back to that in the future and edit it, spellcheck it, and make it flow better, and add more descriptive stuff to make it a better read.... Eventually. Next AE maybe? lol, prolly not

Last edited by Mukade (01/28/11 23:01)

Board footer