Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#401 07/10/11 19:07

Samer
Website

Re: Various New characters Project

the body is not done so no full screenshot
The colors are going to be white black and green to match the typhoon, hammer and trooper
the material, i used that on the HD tctf armor and it turned out pretty well, once reflectivity is added it will look different, metallic. if not i'll remove the texture.

EDIT : on second thought u're right :\ it is a bit towely, i decreased the grain contrast and size

Capture%20110.jpg
this was my attempt abt 2 years ago tongue

Last edited by Samer (07/10/11 21:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#402 07/10/11 20:07

EdT
Website

Hydra is looking good smile 

So BGI will have some characters in white (hydra, typhoon, hammer and trooper) and others in black (boss, akane, jubei, agents)?

Also, why not have a BGI character that plays tribute to the Master Chief?  Either just the helmet and a different body, or the MC body with a different head?

#403 07/10/11 20:07

Samer
Website

the hammer may use parts from the white chief big_smile modified helmet in particular and legs

and i'll make additional black green outfit for the bgi boss. I was also thinking to make an additional white outfit for jubei and akane, always wanted to do that ^_^

but yeah mainly white, black and green outfits with green contrails for the moves. ^_^

and i have to update the bgi agents with improved textures and moves, and then get to the executives, guys in suits.

for the tctf btw i was thinking a new class of tctf or maybe a single character : golden tctf, they are tctf with advanced golden armor they'll be wearing technological helmets that show their face, and their moves would be a mix of heavy and lite tctf, and a similar but more elaborate armor for ultimate griffin.
the golden armor would be cool big_smile not jut a re-color of the existing one, i may use parts from the typhoon, master chief and barabas's armor.

Last edited by Samer (07/10/11 20:07)

#404 07/10/11 21:07

EdT
Website

Here is something I quickly threw together:

bgi spartan

bgi-spartan.jpg

#405 07/11/11 00:07

Mukade

You may have just "thrown it together" but it looks fantastic! big_smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#406 07/11/11 04:07

Leus
Website

big_smile I love seein' everything going on around here.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#407 07/11/11 05:07

Yoriko

Spartan striker?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#408 07/11/11 11:07

Mukade

Wow, hold on... what map is that??

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#409 07/11/11 12:07

EdT
Website

Yoriko: Actually, the head is from an Elite, slightly modified.

Mukade: That's the Hexagon level with pathfinding grids: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1957

#410 07/11/11 12:07

Mukade

Made our good friend the BGI boss a nice jump flip animation smile

More to come soon hopefully, just wanted to start easy.

#411 07/11/11 17:07

Samer
Website

Thanks mukade i tried it and it's pretty good !! ^_^
but honestly i was planning to use this jump flip by paradox for her : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/139715/TRAM/RED … p--dae.zip (it's a double jump flip)

and i was hoping hayate would have a custom jump flip :$ the one by paradox doesn't fit hayate cz it's based on the fury looks girlish a bit on him, but the one u made based on konoko suits him greatly. would it be ok with u if i use it for hayate instead ? (his release is still beta cause i want more custom moves for him particularly the throws which i find very difficult to make :S)

#412 07/11/11 18:07

Mukade

Oh yeah, sure go ahead. Whatever you want. I also just finished a throw for you big_smile

Just gimmie a sec to upload and I'll send the .rar on FB

#413 07/11/11 18:07

Samer
Website

Reallllly loved this one mukade, thanks a lot big_smile i find throws impossible to make :S !

some little nit picks though :$ i felt it would make a better static kick throw than running one, in a running throw u expect her to keep running after the animation like konoko's, furies' & ninjas run punch throw, do u have anything planned for a static kick throw if not i'll use this as a static kick throw and hope i'd be lucky enough that u make a second running kick throw big_smile tongue another small net pick, after the animation the way she turns to return to the idle pose is a bit un-smooth, u're the expert but i think adding some more frames between the frame she is facing the back and the frame she is facing forward would make it smoother.

Last edited by Samer (07/11/11 18:07)

#414 07/11/11 18:07

Mukade

I agree about the turn. It's a bit rough, I can probably smooth it out a bit. Also, I'm not really sure how it'll look as a static throw, the beginning might look weird. On the other hand, it might not. It's up to you how to use it.

The trick to throws is having both characters on the screen at once, Make the animation, save it, export the throw, and then take the throw target, flip everything around so she's in the center, facing the opposite direction, and flipped over the X and Z axis. Maybe if I do another throw I'll make a video tutorial.

#415 07/13/11 01:07

Samer
Website

anyone knows what's the name of the poisonous gas particle ? the green gas thing that is emitted in a tunnel in the airport if u choose to take the lower path.

#416 07/13/11 12:07

Mukade

I think the gas effect might be a combination of particles. In the script, it starts "gas1" and "gas2" which are tags for quite a few different particles that all hathe same tags. However, I think you're looking for env_steam.

#417 07/18/11 11:07

Samer
Website

2011-07-18_192241.jpg
2011-07-18_191016.jpg

#418 07/18/11 23:07

EdT
Website

Samer: Wow, Hydra is looking very good!

BTW, thanks for the tip for Motoko's Kick heavy, I changed it from idle to crouch and it looks better :-)

#419 07/18/11 23:07

Lithium

I demand it be black and green D:<

Pretty Please? ^^'

Last edited by Lithium (07/18/11 23:07)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#420 07/19/11 00:07

Samer
Website

my little oxe sad though it would bring me pleasure to draw a smile on ur face by making it black sad i can't big_smile tongue
cz i have to keep her uniform with the typhoon, trooper and hammer and the typhoon is already white ^_^
but once it's released u can re-texture it big_smile actually if u want i can give u the files soon and u can start re-texturing and once u're done we can include ur work in the package once released as a second outfit ^_^ !!

thx Edt big_smile glad i was helpful ^_^

Last edited by Samer (07/19/11 00:07)

#421 07/19/11 03:07

Mukade

Her "Stealth" outfit >_>

#422 07/19/11 06:07

Samer
Website

mukade u said u didn't like the current green ... see this : http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z245 … dra2-1.png  darklitria's sketch .. do u like that darker green used on the body better ?

#423 07/19/11 12:07

Mukade

yesyesyes. I'd prefer a "forest" green, but you've already stated your reasons why not, so that is an acceptable compromise

#424 07/20/11 07:07

Samer
Website

green change :
Oni%2525202011-07-20%25252015-05-05-86_cr.jpg

I'm currently texturing the trooper

Last edited by Samer (07/20/11 07:07)

#425 07/20/11 09:07

TheCreature

Very nice!  I'm loving the darker green.  It gives her kind of a "Fresh off the chain" look, IMO.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Board footer