Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 10/29/09 19:10

Mukade

Re: Oni Joint Story, Second Installment: Punishment

well yeah, but... i dont have any for getting TO the HQ, so smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#77 10/29/09 21:10

Leus
Website

I'll get 'em by.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#78 10/29/09 21:10

Leus
Website

"Casey, come in!" Griffin demanded into his radio.  "Casey!"  No response.

Mai gently grabbed Griffin's wrist as he was about to start to yell some more.  "Don't...  If he's in trouble, we can't let his captors know we're aware of the situation.  We'll never get in safely that way."

Terror was growing rapidly in Griffin' eyes.  He'd left his son alone for barely a day for the first time since they'd reunited and something had gone terribly wrong.  He just knew it.  He gulped.  "Boy," he said, witholding the tremor from his voice, "I know you're there."  He sighed into the radio for effect.  "We're gonna have to have a serious talk when I get back there thursday."  His voice was weak and began a faint quiver at the end.  He let go of the transmitter and exhaled painfully.

"I think that was good enough, Griffin," Mai assured him.  "They probably bought it.  Now, we've got to get past them to our people.  I've got an idea."

---

Syndey was kicking back in a cheap collapsable chair and smoking a fat cigar like it was going out of style.  His rifle was propped casually against his knee.  Most of the commotion was going on behind him so he was just listening to music through his earbuds and relxing, but when he opened his eyes he saw a fair-sized group of masked figures wrapped in cloth making their way towards him.  He fumbled to his feet, his gun falling to the ground by his side.  He didn't bother to pick it up.

"You there!" he called out to them.  The group approached closer, slowing their pace.  "Get out of here!  There's a situation going on here!"

"Please, sir," a desperate female voice begged sydney from behind a gas mask.  "We've been travelling all day and are tired!  If not here, we will have nowhere to sleep."

Sydney frowned.  "Where you guys comin' from?" he asked.

"Nowhere in particular," the female replied.  Sydney raised an eyebrow.  "We've all met on our travels, coming from different places, trying to seek refuge since the disaster."

Another man walked to Syndey's side.  "What's goin' on here?" the man asked Sydney.

"Just some primatives," Sydney replied.  "I got this."

"You offered them the procedure yet?" the man replied.

Sydney turned to the covered figures.  "Have you ever met someone like me before, ma'am?" Sydney inquired.  "You know who I represent?"

The woman nodded.  "We have been propositioned, but we are not interested in altering our bodies...  We believe the Lord will give us protection in his own way."

"Oh, you're some of THEM types?" Sydney almost spat the words.  "You know the LORD could just as easily be offerin' you protection through us as any other way.  If you just undergo the procedure, you won't have to live like this."

"The Lord is very specific about bodily modification," the woman rebutted.  "And we live how he wills us to."  Sydney's associate laughed.

Syndey sighed.  He could tell this conversation was going nowhere.  "You folks tagged?" he inquired,

"No, sir," the woman replied without missing a beat.  "Like I just said, we don't believe in that kind of thing."

Sydney furrowed his brow.  "Well you ain't really got a choice, missy," he shot back.  "You either agree to the procedure or get tagged."

"Well obviously we've had a choice before," she replied irritatedly.  "Who's in charge here?  Let me speak to him."

"Whoa, now," Sydney said, taken aback.  "You aren't really in a position to be makin' demands here.  I dunno if I like your attitude."

"Just let 'em go, Syd," said Syndey's associate, laying a hand on his friend's shoulder.

Sydney sighed.  "Whatever," he said, taking a large drag on his cigar then spitting in the dirt.  "You can probably find a place to stay in town; just one thing first."  His friend turned and began walking away.  Sydney pulled out a strange device.

"Hey!" the woman protested.

"Relax," Sydney said, his friend's footsteps crunching and fading into the background.  "I'm not gonna tag ya; just gonna check ya.  Y'all got nothin' against THAT now, do ye?"

The woman didn't respond, but stepped forward, extending her right hand.  Sydney ran the device over the woman's hand briefly then nodded wordlessly to her, beckoning the next person to come forward.  After a few hands had been scanned, another figure stepped up and extended his arm.  As Sydney ran his machine over the man's hand, it began beeping.  "What the?"

The woman glanced at the readout and made out the name "Chandragupta" before she delivered a swift chop to the back of Sydney's neck.  He went down, rolled over and groaned.  She stomped on his mouth and pressed his head firmly against the dirt with her shoe, smothering his lips.  Another cloth-wrapped figure picked up a large rock and dropped it on Sydney's head.  Sydney ceased to struggle.

"Let's go," the woman urged, making haste towards the inner city.

Last edited by Leus (10/29/09 21:10)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#79 10/29/09 21:10

Stevinlewis

Wow Leus those people were Grif's team right? and Mukade appeared behind right?

#80 10/29/09 21:10

Leus
Website

Grif's/Mai's/Barabas'/ whoever; they're all part of the same team now.

And no, Mukade is dead...  Well, as far as I know anyway.  Someone could have something unique happen with that gun and bring Mukade--and, consequently, Samoko--back, but as of right now I have no knowledge of such a thing.  When I said "cloaked" I just meant covered in...  Like...  Robes or whatever.  I'll change the wording.

#81 10/29/09 21:10

Mukade

i like the name smile

i claim the next part, unless someone is dying to write they can, cause i dont have the time tnite, ill do it tomorrow after school

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#82 10/29/09 22:10

Stevinlewis

Huh? How did Mukade and Samoko die?

#83 10/29/09 22:10

Leus
Website

#84 10/30/09 07:10

Stevinlewis

Oh right I forgot.

#85 10/31/09 22:10

Mukade

Sry i havent posted yet, i forgot and ive been busy juggling my mod and school, if i havent posted by this time tomorrow night someone else can feel free to go

#86 10/31/09 22:10

Leus
Website

I hope you manage it.  smile  Always enjoy seeing somethin' new from ya.

#87 11/02/09 15:11

Leus
Website

Mukade you still plannin' on doin' one if no one else does?

#88 11/02/09 21:11

Mukade

yessss... but im just so BUSY!! i have 3 ISU's going and a final exam tomorrow :-/
and on top of that i keep forgetting

i shouldf probly be doin HW, but ill squeeze out a few sentences and ill finish it later, or someone else can....

Last edited by Mukade (11/02/09 21:11)

#89 11/02/09 22:11

Mukade

As they neared the city, a plume of smoke became visible against the night sky. It could've been anything, but the small group feared the worse. Their fears soon became realized as they entered the city and it was obvious it came from where the HQ once stood. The look of anxiety was obvious on both Griffin's and Mai's face especially. Griffin because of Casey, and Mai because of of her special daughter Akemi who was being kept there.

As they rounded the corner, they came upon a smoking heap of what used to be their center of operations. They spotted Casey in the nearby crowd, much to Griffin's relief. As they drew up close, Griffin grabbed Casey by the collar and shook him hard
"Why didn't you answer your com when i called?"

"Hey, im sorry dad, but i was too busy getting the hell out of there to answer you. What was that about being back thursday? You had me worried."

He release the collar.

"Just trying to give some false info to some potentiel kidnappers."

"Ah, good thinking, i suppose."

Now Mai cut in.

"What happened, wheres Akemi??

"It turns out our "friend" Mipsy was a CI informant. We lead her right to your HQ and left her in charge of your daughter. Best we can figure, she hit the double jackpot, she was able to take out our center of operations and get her hands on the first Neo-Human born."

After hearing those words, Mai whipped out her auto pistol and fired the entire clip right past Casey's head and into the wall behind him with flawless aim, then threw her gun after the bullets. He dropped to the ground and Griffin came dangerously close to dropping her where she stood. The rest of the men there brought up their weapons half way. Mai stood there breathing hard. The lack of tears showed her extreme control over her emotions, but even that wasnt enough to stop her outburst. After a couple minutes, she relaxed a bit.

"Sorry Casey, it isn't your fault"

"Hey, I get it, just, next time, aim a little furthur away, the ringing in my ear is kinda loud."

"How many got out?"

"She used incendiary bombs, so they didn't vaporize the building immediatly, just burned it down quickly. Most of us got out, we lost about a dozen staff 8 soldiers and 1 from high command."

"At least theres that to be thankful for...."

They all stood, watching the swirling patterns of smoke billow up into the darkness, into the already poisoned atmosphere. The question weighed on each of their minds, but none of them gave voice to it, they didn't need to. What happens now?

#90 11/03/09 04:11

Stevinlewis

Me next smile. Whos mipsy? is she Hitoshi with the CI with Omar? Where she suddenly came from the door? And entered the reco base after konoko's team left for India?

Last edited by Stevinlewis (11/03/09 04:11)

#91 11/03/09 08:11

Stevinlewis

back at India.....

"okay so by melting the chrysallis moleclues in the beaker with 28 degrees, we can conclude that....." Before Dr. Ashik could finish his sentence, a small explosion erupted from the beaker, huge enough to destroy the beaker but not huge enough to cause any sierous injuries. "I don't know what I am doing wrong! I tried everything." Said Dr. Ashik who has a bad habit of talking to himself in his large metallic lab.

"okay let me try again... with the chrysallis in the beaker at 28.5 degrees... It should....... YES!!!!!!!! IT WORKED! LIQUID CHRYSALLIS WORKS! I CANT BELIEVE THIS!" half whispering to himself half saying it aloud.

He then puts the chrysallis into a enclosed beaker where he then carried it out into the streets of India and went to met the Prof. in-charge of the chrysallis project, Prof. Rajaratnam (Mr. Raj for short).

"Morning Mr.Raj, I have found a way to liquidify the chrysallis now all i need is a test subject." Said Dr. Ashik. Almost immediatly, Prof. Raj accompanied him to a room where some were going for implanting the chrysallis.

"Okay now just relax miss... this might hurt abit.." Said Dr. Ashik. And then he injected the liquid chrysallis into the young lady. A few seconds... nothing heppened. But suddenly, she emitted a bright orange glow. "Wow...."

---Summary---
Introduced to Dr. Ashik and Prof. Raj. (some dudes finding new ways to implant crysallis with minimal complications.

Turning the chrysllis liquid was a success however, not sure if it worked or not. Its up to you >_-

#92 11/03/09 12:11

Leus
Website

Nice, guys.

I'm going now.

#93 11/03/09 12:11

Leus
Website

"How are we gonna get outta here?" Ford inquired, glancing around at the CI troops littering the town.

Mai looked to Barabas.  He was looking back at her, Edgar by his side looking mortified.  The large beast of a man had his arm around the smaller man's shoulders, holding him close and secure.  In Barabas' eyes, Mai finally recognized something.  She looked to Griffin and found the same familiarity in his gaze as he looked back at her while standing close by his son.  Finally, Mai looked to her own side.  As usual, she found nothing.

"It really isn't about right and wrong anymore, is it?" she said aloud, glancing back and forth between Barabas and Griffin and reflecting on the state of the world.  "The men and women who allowed this evil to enter and consume them and through them the world..."  Without continuing the thought, Mai turned.  She began marching forward at a swift and steady pace.  She was almost upon the pair of CI troops before they noticed her.  She grabbed one's head with both hands and jarred it forcefully around, snapping the man's neck.  With another step she plowed her fist through the second man's throat as he fumbled with his weapon.  She dropped to one knee and checked the bodies, finding a hypo spray and phase cloak on them.  Activating the cloak, she presumably marched on.

A few other soldiers noticed the commotion.  As they hustled to check out the scene, they began dropping one by one.  When they were finished off, Mai proceeded on.  She felt herself fading back in so she injected the hypo spray.  From thin air a brilliant blue glow burst.  The soldiers before her were awestruck and soon fist struck.  They lie motionless.  Mai raided their inventories as well and put to use what they had for her.  In this manner she continue on, and was soon joined by Barabas, Griffin, and most of the others.  Gunfire and screams rang out; bodies littered the city floor.  When the dust finally settled, Mai and her team were nearly unscathed.

"Right," said Mai, the slightest morbid grin fighting to appear on her lips.  "I see, now."

James, one of the few who had refused to take part in the violence, looked desperately into his daughter's eyes.  He felt her slipping away.  "Mai," he protested.  "I'm as angry about my granddaughter as you, but--"

"NO ONE!" Mai turned to her father, rage in her eyes, though James knew it wasn't truly for him.  Mai hesitated.  "She was MINE!  I was HERS!"

Her coherence had degraded and tears welled up in James eyes, hurting for his daughters much more than for himself.  "IS, Mai," he corrected.  "She IS yours."

"None of that matters anymore," Mai replied.  "So what if I had her and she had me?  This world has nothing left.  The evil men have sucked the life and the hope from its veins and replaced it with their own vile will..."  A pause.  "There's nothing left; their suffering is ours, their fall is ours..."  She looked thoughtful.  "Nothing left, but to make what's ours theirs."

James mouth opened but no words came out.  He didn't fully comprehend what his daughter was saying; he doubted she did, either.

"They must pay," Mai concluded.

#94 11/03/09 15:11

Mukade

I like the adaption Steven, but isnt the chrysalis itself a type of organism? You don't have to change it just pointing out that if we go back and edit it, we may have to expand on that

#95 11/03/09 15:11

Leus
Website

Maybe the chrysalis is an infant-stage independent biological composition of a certain kind of adaptive micro-organism that comprises it, and once implanted into a living creature it expands, changes and begins to interact with the host...  And this Dr. Ashik guy figured out how to change the matter state of the composition while still preserving the functionality of the micro-organisms?

Lol.  I dunno.  Gotta go with whatever happens.

#96 11/03/09 15:11

Mukade

I actually sorta got that, and i suppose it makes sense, in essence your saying it is normally waited until it's at a mature stage then implanted, but he discovers a way to change it's state at a lower stage and implant it that way,

#97 11/03/09 15:11

Leus
Website

Somethin' like that...  And yeah, like Stevin said, who knows if it's gonna have the same effect.

#98 11/03/09 15:11

Mukade

Oh it's definately gonna have a different effect, what fun would that be if it was?

#99 11/03/09 15:11

Leus
Website

True.  smile  You gettin' the next part?

#100 11/03/09 16:11

Mukade

if no one else claims it im down, but it may take me a long while for some inspiration

Board footer