Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 09/22/09 21:09

Leus
Website

Re: Oni Joint Story, First Installment: Salvation

Also I just realized I'm acting like the God of Oni joint story or something.  It's ultimately up to Mukade as to whether or not he thinks his part should be the official one since he's the one who claimed it and put in the work.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#102 09/22/09 21:09

Mukade

yikes sry Samoko, I do really love your ideas!! Like Leus said, i think they'd be a great contribution later in the story, he gets upgraded with a deadly brain on their next encounter  wink  or sumthin... im really sorry D: I don't want to sound stupid, but i did say i was writing first

Hold on, ill add sumthin to the end of mine....

Last edited by Mukade (09/22/09 21:09)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#103 09/22/09 21:09

Mukade

On a different note... im glad this didn't turn out like the RPG that we tried to do... too many conflicting ideas and such, in this, we build very well on each others ideas since none of us really plan ahead at all, and it keeps it interesting, we may be writing it, but we still don't know whats gonna happen wink

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#104 09/22/09 21:09

Leus
Website

On a different note... im glad this didn't turn out like the RPG that we tried to do... too many conflicting ideas and such, in this, we build very well on each others ideas since none of us really plan ahead at all, and it keeps it interesting, we may be writing it, but we still don't know whats gonna happen  wink

Exactly man, that's what I love about a joint story.  Once the RPG failed, I figured it was because of the structured and limiting nature of RPG writing...  I figured if we all had equal control over the arcs and flow, it'd be a lot more productive and fun for everyone.  And I'm glad it's worked out how it has, too.  I was worried it was gonna fall flat for a while there.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#105 09/22/09 22:09

Mukade

yeah, i hadnt seen this before, and i was reading ppl writing "no one will waste time on this" i say, YEAH RIGHT!! hell man i love writing stories, and since this is a story that actually interests me :3

#106 09/22/09 22:09

Mukade

whooosss next? Samoko, wanna take a shot now? im not gonna write :3

#107 09/22/09 22:09

Leus
Website

I was givin' Samoko some time to claim the next part, but I've been thinking about the story ever since I read your part, Mukade, and I think I have some ideas.

I think I'll write the next part.  Should be done in a couple hours.

#108 09/23/09 01:09

Leus
Website

Mukade looked at Mai.  He was glad Barabas couldn't see the look of dread in his eyes.

Mukade glanced back over his shoulder.  In fact, Barabas couldn't see anything about Mukade at all; Barabas was nowhere to be found.  Inside the building the firefight raged on.  Mukade carried Mai a bit further, into an alley out back behind the building.  A quiet drizzle had started up, and Mukade tripped in a shallow puddle and dropped Mai, her body smacking lifelessly against the pavement.

Quickly, Mukade scrambled on his hands and knees to her side.  He looked at her through the faceplate of the fresh helmet he'd retrieved at his lab.  Angrily, he ripped the helmet from his head.  "Too long have I been contained in this vessel, devoid of face or voice, drifting through chaos like a lost soul," he said, his own voice resonating strangely in his ears.  "The madness...  It eats away at me..."  Mukade spoke to no one.  "I can't fight it back..."

"Hey," came Griffin's voice simply from the shadows.  He stepped forward, his son limping along beside him, holding onto his shoulder for support.  "Is she alright?"

"I don't know," Mukade snapped.  He paused.  "I...  I had to--"

A loud crash interrupted Mukade.  A door had swung open very near the group in the alley and slammed against the building wall with force.  A figure stepped out.  "We need to get out of here," the familiar voice of Barabas asserted.  As he became visible, Mukade noticed that Barabas was holding the enfeebled body of an imago test subject in his arms.  A few other subjects followed weakly behind Barabas.

Nobody in the alley was in the mental state to be taking decisive action.  Barabas looked around frantically and saw a door in the building across the alley from the BGI facility.  "In here," he said, kicking in the door.  Mukade lifted Mai once more and carried her in through the door.  He was followed by Griffin, Casey, and the straggling group of imago survivors.  Barabas carefully pushed the broken door into a closed position.  Shortly thereafter, several BGI pursuers rushed out into the alley.

The group stayed absolutely silent.  Before long, the BGI split up into two search parties and departed in opposite directions down the alley.  Barabas breathed a quiet sigh of relief.  He looked Mukade up and down.  "I like the new look," he commented.

Mukade ripped off his gloves and reached up to touch his pale cheek.  His skin wasn't used to the elements of the world, and he felt a tingling possibly akin to mortal pain.  "I was a faceless killer," he said, intending to continue but finding no words to follow.

"What?" said Mai without warning.  Mukade's head snapped back to look at the girl.  She began trying to stand up.

"Easy, now," Mukade said, but she got to her feet without too much trouble.

"What..." she began again.  "What's going on?  I feel...  Weak...  My limbs feel heavy..." she said, raising her arms without much effort.  "My breath...  Constricted..."

"You look normal to me," a voice suddenly came from behind her.  She whirled around and tried to grab him, missing and nearly falling over with the motion.

"Who are you?" Mukade demanded, stepping forward and placing himself between Mai and the newcomer.

"Easy, now," the man said, raising both hands in the air, palms out and facing Mukade and the group.  "No cause for concern.  I'm a nice guy."

"Let me try a different approach," Mukade said, taking a few more steps forward.  "Who.  Are you?"

The man's expression remained unchanged save the single eyebrow that rose at this advance.  "Well, given that you're the ones that just broke into my storage room, shouldn't I be asking you?" he queried.

Mukade's posture relaxed a bit.  "Well--"

"Ah, forgive me," the man interrupted.  "How rude of me, ignoring a perfectly honest question.  The name's Frank.  I own this place."

"Well, we--" Mukade was cut off once more.

"You guys alright?" Frank said, surveying the strange group before him.  "Half y'all look like you just got back from an all expense paid seven-year vacation trapped in a cave somewhere."  He snorted.  "With complimentary all you can eat meals of spiders and roach...  Ah...  Forgive me, again.  I tend to get goin'.  No offense intended, I hope--" this time Frank was the one to be interrupted.

"It's fine, Frank," Mai spoke up.  Mukade noticed her speech sounded normal enough.  "I know we must not be the first sight you'd expect to see...  Anywhere, really."

"You can say that again," Frank chimed in.

"Do you have any idea what's going on next door to you here?" Barabas interjected, pointing in the direction of the BGI facility.

"Oh, BGI?" Frank said nonchelantly.  "Yeah, they got all kinds of crazy science stuff over there, I hear."

"Frank," Griffin spoke up this time.  "I'm sure this is unsettling for you--"

"Not really," Frank interrupted again.  "I'm pretty easy-going."

"That's great," Griffin continued, "but we've got pressing business to attend to."

"Not a problem," Frank said.  "You seem like good guys, havin' a rough go of it and all.  Any down-trodden rebels on the run from the man are alright in my book."

"Thanks," Griffin said awkwardly, then turned to the group.  "What have we got here?"

"Including this guy here," Barabas said, indicating the man he cradled in his arms by lifting him up slightly, "I managed to get six out alive."  Griffin surveyed the five previous test subjects that all stood timidly behind Barabas.

"What are your names, boys?" Griffin requested.  He was met with nothing but sheepishly averted glances.  Finally, one spoke.  "We've never known ourselves by names."

Griffin furrowed his brow and turned towards Casey, who was already looking surprisingly healthy.  "Son?" he said softly.  Casey was unresponsive, his eyes seeming to be fearful.  "Casey," he said.  "You don't even remember your own name?"

As Griffin continued to search for his son in the eyes of this creature the resembled him, Mukade spoke up.  "Mai," he said.  "How do you feel?"

Mai ignored Mukade's inquiry.  She was focussed on the interaction between Griffin and his son.  Seeing this emotionally intense moment between a parent and child sparked something in her.  "My father!" she suddenly exclaimed.  Everyone turned to look at her.  "Griffin, ever since you popped up again I've been in somewhat of a haze.  Part of me was entranced by this new side I was seeing of people I once considered vile and heartless, and another part just felt like she was back in the TCTF, following her commander on a special mission.  I'd forgotten what I'd set out to do:  To find my father."

"Mai," Mukade began, uneasy.  "Just...  Take it slow."  He hesitated, then changed the subject back.  "How do you feel?" he repeated.

She paused, apparently considering the implications of this inquiry and letting them temporarily override her speech.  "Strange," she replied.  "I've never felt like this before."  She reached down to pick up a stray piece of piping from the floor, but nearly fell over once more as she pulled on the heavy object.

"You're weak," Mukade said, stepping towards Mai and holding out a hand.

"You kiddin' me?" Frank chimed in.  "Even I'd have a tough time pickin' up a hunk of metal like that.  Give the girl a break."

Mukade glanced over to Frank, then back to Mai.  He cocked his head, and his eyes widened a bit.

"She's normal," Griffin' spoke up before Mukade could collect his thoughts.  "At least that's what it seems."

"The weapon," Mukade began.  "It must have somehow reversed the effects of the chrysalis."

A million thoughts raced through Mai's head.  She vocalized many.  "What?" to start with.  "How?  Why?  How will I defend myself?  ...Will it be like this forever?" she paused.  "Is this what 'normal' feels like?"  She looked at her hands, raising them and letting them fall a few times.  "Everything feels so...  Cumbersome..."

"Maybe this isn't an affliction," Barabas said.  "Maybe it's a blessing.  Maybe you've been saved from your fate, free to finally lead a normal life once more."

There was a pause in the conversation.  "Boy, you guys sure do like the drama, eh?" Frank commented after a moment.  Nobody noticed Griffin sneaking closer and closer to Mukade. 

"I bet my father could help us," Mai suggested, ignoring Frank's remark.

"Mai," Mukade began again.  Griffin snatched something from a magnetic slot on the back of Mukade's armour.  Mukade reacted, but Griffin was too quick and dodged the counter.  "What are you doing with that?" Mukade demanded.

"If it made Konoko normal, maybe--" his thought stopped in its tracks as he turned to face the spot where his son had stood just a moment ago.

"Casey?" Griffin nearly whispered to the empty air.  The group heard a loud clattering and turned towards the door through which they'd origially entered.  It was off its hinges and lie flat on the floor now.  Griffin swiftly dashed out into the rainy night in pursuit of his son.  Mai tried to chase after him but stopped after a few slow steps.

"Great," Frank groaned exasperatedly, ignoring the chaos and surveying the ruined door.

Last edited by Leus (09/23/09 01:09)

#109 09/23/09 03:09

Stevinlewis

I was saying the ": But a little warning tho its gonna be a lil pervertic " So that to encourage our writers to write smile. I was afraid it might stop there and then xD. Anyways this will be good for my English, writing an essay and all at the same time having fun with it ^_^.

#110 09/23/09 11:09

Leus
Website

Who's got the next part?  I'm on the edge of my seat, lol.

#111 09/23/09 14:09

Leus
Website

Man, I'm about to go to work and no one is steppin' up.  I'm in suspense here.   big_smile

#112 09/23/09 16:09

Mukade

i guess i will, oh btw i found a proxy at school (i know iknow, BAD MUKADE!) but anyways, the point is i can access this at school now during my Comtech class when im bored and write stuff then smile i guess i gotthe next part... but its gonna have to wait about 30-60 minutes or so, ive got stuff i need to do first

#113 09/23/09 18:09

Mukade

Mukade gave a low curse as Griffen flew out the door. The BGI were still roaming the area in search of them, and he wasn't about to let Griffin get gunned down.

"Barabas, stay here and guard the Mai and the rest of the group."

"Just get back here quickly. I hate babysitting. Unless theres killing involved."

"You never know." commented Mukade as he dashed out the door. as he stepped out into the light, he immediately snapped his eyes closed. It had been too long since he had seen the light of day with his own eyes. Still he couldn't let this stop him. He opened his eyes to a narrow slit and resumed his pursuit.

Griffin turned the second corner just in time to see the pale leg disappear into a nearby building. He followed behind, and entered the building. The room was illuminated only by the light passing through the doorway. It took Griffin a couple seconds to see the quivering, crouched shape on the far side of the room. Casey's head jerked up at the intrusion.

"No, stay away from me!!" he yelled desperatly, in a cracked, voice. It was as if he had not spoken in years, which was probably the case.

"Casey, what...?"

"Stay away!" he repeated

"I'm not going to hurt you Casey." Griffin's voice was that of a desperate father

"Who are you?!?"

These words pained Griffin more then any torture known to man. He sank tohis knee's in despair, speechless. At this point, Mukade passed the door, and saw Griffin framed in the entrance.

"Griffin, get your son and get out of here! It's not safe!"

The older man didn't respond.

"GRIFFIN!"

"He doesn't even know who I am..." he said. His voice was normal, but he was clearly in a lot of emotional pain.

"Be thankful he's even alive Griffin! He's your son whether he know's it or not! If you don't get him out of here soon, wre going to be target practive for a squad of BGI heavy troopers! And that includes Casey!"

The mention of harm coming to his son seemed to snap Griffin out his his semi-trance state. He got back to his feet and started towards his son.

"It doesn't matter who I am Casey, you need to come with me! Now!"

Casey fliched away from Griffin's hand as he reached out to help the boy to his feet.

"No..." he murmed, "No...No...It's not safe....Who are you...I don't want to go back.."

"casey if you don't come with us, you will be taken back to the men in black coats and...."

At the mention of the BGI scientists, his eyes widened and he got to his feet, still wary of Griffin and Mukade, standing in the doorway.

"Don't let them take me back..."

"I won't. Come on, we need to get back."

"I want Mai..."

Mukade's and Griffens brows both shot up simultaneously. Apparantly, Casey had developped an attachment to Mai in the few minutes he was with them, Griffin couldn't begin to imagine why. Unable to respond any other way, Griffin replied

"We'll get you to Mai."

Finally, Casey let Griffin take him gently by the arm. He winced at the contact, but didn't flich away from it. Slowly and with wary eyes, they made their way back to the storage room.

When they got back, Mai was standing, shakily, using the wall as support. As soon as they got through the door, Casey hurried to the group of Imago's which, had formed very near to Mai. They kept on whispering to one another, and looking at her with wide eyes. Griffin noticed, that despite the factthat all thes people were in a range from about 16 to 25 years of age, they all acted like a group of 1 year elementary school students. Casey took his place in the group, but he placed himself the closest he could to Mai. Mukade looked around the rest of the room at Barabas and Frank, who sat there, trying to contain their grins of amusement and failing miserably.

"They seem to have taken a liking to you." Said Mukade with a mix of confusion, and a degree of concern."

"I dunno, maybe they just feel safer around women." Suggested Mai.

"If they really knew you they wouldn't." Mukade commented, which elicited a chuckle from Barabas.

"We've got to get moving, it isn't safe here"

"I've got a truck that can probably fit you all in the back, would you mind a lift?" suggested Frank

"If it's not too much trouble..." said Mai

"Oh it really isn't. I like a little adventure in my life every one in awhile, and you folk seem to be where it's all happening right now. Just let me get my coat and keys, and we'll be on our way."

#114 09/23/09 20:09

Leus
Website

Nice.  I feel like writing the next part, but I feel like I've been writing too much lately.  I wish Samoko would come by and claim it.  smile

Well, I'll wait a bit and if no one else drops by I'll write it.

Edit:  That is to say, I'll claim the next part in a little while.  As of right now, ANYONE feel free to claim the next part.

Last edited by Leus (09/23/09 20:09)

#115 09/23/09 21:09

Mukade

Yeah, but you shouldnt feel like your writing too much, i feel the same, but there isnt that many of us writing, and as Samoko said, he's starting up Uni soon, so it will be up to us to write most of it anyways :-/

Btw, i was thinking of titles... maybe it isn't really an official story, but we need a title big_smile
Anyone got any ideas?

#116 09/23/09 23:09

Leus
Website

Maybe an appropriate title will come to us as the story progresses further...

Anyway, I'm not sure I'll get around to writing tonight actually.  I think this is a good chance for me to do a little bit of work for my online classes.  (Women's Studies 101 in this case, lol.)  So I think I'll do some reading and go to bed.  Maybe tomorrow, though.

Until then, anyone else please feel free to write the next part and continue the story in your own direction.  Just make sure you say you will be doing so beforehand.  wink

#117 09/23/09 23:09

Mukade

yeah, most authors don't usuallygeta title until after they write anyways tongue
i dunno, i may or may not write... im blank for ideas right now

#118 09/24/09 01:09

EdT
Website

Just wanted to say, I've been enjoying the joint story, you guys are doing great.

That's what makes this Oni community awesome, we are able to work together on modding, programming, artwork, story writing and so on.

Keep it going.

#119 09/24/09 06:09

Samer
Website

Hello guys big_smile sorry been very busy lately .. I love what u've done with the story so far .... it would make a great oni 2 !  i wish i was better at scripting i would make this story in the current Oni we have all the characters already ... Samoko could be motoko ... and I'm working on a Casey character ...  ^_^

I especially  like Griffin's & casey's interaction it is very well written ... good job guys !

anyway I'll write the next part later today big_smile this is really exciting ...  Thanks EdT tongue we write, u turn it into a game tongue

Last edited by Samer (09/24/09 06:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#120 09/24/09 08:09

Samer
Website

"We've got to get moving, it isn't safe here"

"I've got a truck that can probably fit you all in the back, would you mind a lift?" suggested Frank

"If it's not too much trouble..." said Mai

"Oh it really isn't. I like a little adventure in my life every one in awhile, and you folk seem to be where it's all happening right now. Just let me get my coat and keys, and we'll be on our way."

"Where are we going guys ?"

"My father's lab  ... " Mai responded "there has to be something we missed before ... some clue to his where abouts ...

"Mai ... u're presuming he's still ... "Mukade said and stopped himself when he saw mai's gaze .

"ok ... let's go " he continued ...

"unfortunately we didn't manage to get anywhere near ur machines"  griffin said addressing mukade

"well at least u get ur son back " Mai responded as Casey looked timidly at her and smiled

"Come on Guys the truck is ready ... " Frank said as he climbed to his truck ...

"we'll all ride in the back ... we don't want to be spotted "

"Mai u sit beside frank to show him the way ... and stay low  " Griffin said

"ok let's go"

frank drove them past the BGI agents unnoticed and soon the black coated men were out of sight ...

"So ... u're searching for ur father ? " Frank finally said to break the silence  ....

"Yes ... I just have to find him ... he can't be dead ..."

"is he like an agent or something ? "

"no he was ... is a scientist  ... he and mom tried to battle the government  ... they tried to expose the truth of how the environment was getting more contaminated and the government did nothing "

"Oh tell me about now we can't even walk anywhere without risk of suffocating ...  I know what's it's like to lose some one u love ..." he said still in the same nasally tone ... I had family outside the safe areas ... they were dead few minutes after the atmospheric processors exploded ...

"I'm so sorry to hear that " Mai said as she patted the guy on the shoulder

"No it's ok ... I've learnt to deal with it " ... U just do what u have to do to prevent that form ever happening again ... "

"will do ... Frank our stop is near that exit "

"Oh ... u know that the atmosphere isn't really safe there ... right ? "

"That's ok my chrysallis will ....". mai said then interrupted herself as she came to the realization she was the only one among her comrades without protection form the atmosphere anymore  ... 

"GUYS A little problem here !" she said as she turned to the back

"What is it ... I'm ready, show me those agents  !" said Barabas preparing for battle

"No, No it isn't that ... I just realized I'm not protected like u guys anymore "

Griffin and mukade both startled ... "that didn't even occur to me"  mukade said ...

"It's fine" except the lab is in an unsafe zone ...

"Ok look" mukade said ... "take my head plate and my armor they'll provide enough safety ... just try not to breath too much ?"

"I thought u were naked under there " Griffin said holding in a laugh

while casey just pointed at mukade and laughed "NAKED !" he said

"Oh shut up ... I'm trying to save a life here "

"I think i have some extra clothes back there ...Frank interrupted  "I'll drop u off here I can't go any closer .. u know the whole breathing thing "

"are u done there Mai ?" ... Griffin asked  ... "Yup we're ready" she said  as mukade and she came out from behind some boxes ... she was wearing mukade's armor while mukade wear some civilian clothes ...

"I feel weird" she said ... "all ninja like and stuff"

"I feel human" mukade said as he  dusted off his shoulder ... "who knew civilian clothes can be so comfy !"

"Mai ... pretty "  Casey said

"hehe thanks ... thanks for the lift Frank let's move it gang ... " Mai said taking the lead as usual

"Mai ... "Griffin interrupted "I think it's best if I take the lead and u just try not to touch anything ... and stay close to mukade and I ... everything could be poisonous ... "

"ok .. I guess u're right" Mai replied uneasily still not used to this new weak normal state ...

they said goodbye to frank and walked thru the little path leading to the lab ...

"Yep I can definitely feel it even with a chrysalis  ... the air is heavier"Griffin said " how are our little friends doing back there Barabas ? "

"normal ... well as normal as they can get anyway " .... "and u Mai ?"

"would everyone just stop treating me like a child ??" she snapped back unintentionally .. "I'm sorry ... I'm fine ... just a little difficulty walking with this thing "

"Guys ... there's something here ..." mukade said pulling everyone's attention ...

"what is it ? " Barabas inquired ...
"I'm not sure ... but whatever it is it's huge ... "

A deafening roar interrupted everyone making them cover their ears ...

"what the hell is that !!" Mai said pointing to what looked like a mutated dog a really really big dog with tentacles coming out of it's back

"Nice doggy ..." Casey said while the other mutants hid behind Barabas

"Guys we are not strong enough to face this now ... " mukade said as they all came closer forming a circle around Mai and Casey ... and standing completely still

"Can we make it to the entrance ?" Mai whispered ?

"we can try" ... Griffin said ... " Barabas can u help me distract him ?... mukade, mai u take everyone else inside ... " 

"u mean to say mukade take everyone else inside including Mai" Mai whispered

"Just do it !"

"The doggy is charging .. "Barabas said  ... as he pushed everyone out of the way "Move now !!"

his punch connected with the monster's face as it launched at them ...

mukade mai and the mutants ran ... towards the door ....

as Griffin and Barabas tried to fight that thing off ...

it's tentacles however extended to grab the yet not so fast Mai and drag her ...

"MUKADE HELP !!" She yelled ...

"PROTECT MAI ! " Casey yelled as he hammered the beast with punches ... the other mutants did the same when they saw Mai in danger ... bringing the beast to it's knees ...

they all ran towards the entrance and made it in ... as the beast started to stand up again and launch towards them...

"one of them is missing !" Barabas yelled as he launched back towards the outside ...

"No don't u big bafoon !" mukade said closing his path ... what's done is done already u can't save him ..." we need u here

"Move out of my way !!" Barabas said carrying mukade

"he's right ... Barabas " Mai said we need u here ...

"we could have saved him" Barabas said surrendering ... with what looked to be a tear in his eye ...

"u can't save everyone ..." mai said resting her hand on his shoulder ... "I learnt that the hard way "

they walked thru the lab searching every computer node drawer and piece of paper they could find .... but came up with nothing ...

"we should just get out of here this is useless" Griffin said. as they walked up a little slope leading to a blocked door

"wait" mai said ... "I feel I've been here before like in a dream or something "  follow me ... she said as she came down the slope and under it ...

the rest followed her

"What ?" mukade asked "there's nothing here !"

"the floor we're standing on ... there's something under it "
(inspired by the dream lab level where the big shinitama was tongue)

"Barabas do me a favor a little earthquaker please ?"

"Barabas did just that as the floor broke under them and they all fell through it to a room under

as the dust cleared off ... Mai stood there shocked ... looking at a glass vessel with a body inside connected to machine  ... and finally muttered "No ... no it can't be ! is that really u ?"

"We must protect him " a robotic voice said as a robot with what looked like Shinatama's head approached ready for a battle ...

Last edited by Samer (03/02/10 20:03)

#121 09/24/09 10:09

Leus
Website

smile I got the next part.

#122 09/24/09 12:09

Samer
Website

do it quick tongue I want to know what happens next !!

#123 09/24/09 13:09

Leus
Website

Ok, I've already started it but then I had to go to my insurance agent and then I was gonna have to go to work, but because you're eager I'll finish it up quick before I go to work.

#124 09/24/09 13:09

Leus
Website

"We must protect him," another identical voice came.  "We must protect him.  We must protect him."

A cluster of small robots emerged from the surrounding shadows, all sporting similar-looking heads of little girls.  Some had pink hair, some purple, some brown, some black and some yellow.  There were at least twenty robots in total.

"Ah, hell," Barabas sighed, surveying the room full of various hostile-looking robots.  Some had humanoid bodies, some resembled spiders, some were on wheels.  A few looked like robotic abominations thrown together by a madman, or incompleted projects.  Suddenly a series of loud bangs were heard as a machinegun turret opened fire.  The group dodged in different directions.  Barabas lunged towards the gunning robot and kicked it onto its back.  It was unable to right itself, it's wheels spinning fast and useless in the air.

A few of the other robots lunged at the group.  Mukade dropped to the floor and swept his foot around, knocking one of the humanoid robots on its back.  A surging electrical sound emitted as the robot hit the floor.  "Ow," came a high-pitched and monotonous girl's voice.  Griffin pulled his weapon out and popped a few shots off at one of the abomination bots, dropping it to the floor.  Mai watched this and suddenly had a flurry of painful memories rush back to her.  She pictured Griffin in the vault, gunning down what had been the only being she had ever trusted.  For a second, she saw the monster in the man once more.  She took a step towards them, but one of the spider bots pounced on her head.  Mai fell onto her back and the spider bot ripped off her helmet.

Suddenly, all the robots simultaneously stopped attacking.  "It is her," one said.  "It is her.  It is her."  The robots all crowded around Mai.  Mai struggled out from underneath the spider bot, holding her breath.  She scrambled along the floor to her helmet, the robots following at a steady distance.  Mai picked up her helmet and secured it in place, finally taking a breath.  She choked on the air; she hadn't given the suit enough time to filter the contents of the helmet.  Gasping, she choked again.  She felt a sharp pain in her chest.  Finally she was able to breathe a bit more normally, but her chest burned now and her stomach felt queasy.

A small whimper emitted from somewhere in the room.  Barabas and Mai turned first to examine the source.  One of the mutants had caught a bullet to the stomach.  She didn't look to be too old, but it was very difficult to determine age from the looks of the imago test subjects.  "I remember," she said.

Barabas and Mai made their way to her side and the rest of the people in the room turned to face the commotion.  "It's going to be alright," Mai reassured from behind her opaque faceplate.  The injured girl seemed to look right through into Mai's eyes, but she may have only been looking at her own reflection.

"Kyari," she said.  "The name...  I think it's mine."

"Kyari," Mai said, her comforting smile unseen.  "You're going to be okay.  Just hang in there."

"Father.  Father.  It is her."  The robots had now turned towards the body suspended in the glass sarcophagus.  For the first time Mai examined the spectacle.  There were several pipes, wires and tubes connected to the chamber.  Inside, floating in some sort of clear liquid, was the body of her father.

His eyes opened.  Mai's opened wider in turn.  The liquid began draining from the chamber.  Every single person in the room stood still as stone as the vertical coffin emptied.  When the chamber was clear, the front swung open with a hiss and a high-pitched whine, pivoting on a hinge at the top of the vessel.  Out stepped her father, naked and with sticky gel-like liquid slowly dripping from his body.  He grabbed a towel hanging from the side of the machine and wrapped it around his waist, not bothering to wipe the substance from his body.

"Father.  Father," the robots repeated.

"Execute M. A. I. terminate," the words weakly escaped from his lips.

"Shutting down," the robots said simultaneously, then sat down and closed their eyes.

The room was silent.  Everyone stared at the pale doctor.  The doctor glanced around at each of them, a confused expression on his face.

"Where..." he began, then saw the frail and bleeding girl on the ground.  He hurriedly hobbled to her side and dropped to his knee.

#125 09/24/09 20:09

Leus
Website

Lol I'm compulsively checkin' this page.  Did you see it?  smile

Board footer